1/6 1/6 DIECAST Iron Man 2 WAR MACHINE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking for a wm mark 1 when I got into hot toys about a year back. Just couldn't pull the trigger on inflated aftermarket prices. It's a wonderful day! Hopefully it doesn't cost more than the mk43.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn, it's starting already, I just saw the original War Machine on kijiji for $300 CAD ($228 USD). I got mine for $380 CAD this summer.

This DC release was a bit of a surprise for me, but I like it. Articulation and Cheadle HS were the 2 main things I didn't like about the first WM release, provided HT doesn't pull a Mk3 DC again, this will likely replace my plastic WM.

My wallet is gonna hate me with potentially two WM purchases within 12 months, with the Mk3 from CW probably coming out in the same year as this release.

damn, it's starting already, I just saw the original War Machine on kijiji for $300 CAD ($228 USD). I got mine for $380 CAD this summer.

It's inevitable. This might not be out about a year's time, but collectors who have been longing to get WM1.0 would surely rather place their money to order the die-cast reissue soon as PO goes up :) I've seen 3 posts at our local group minutes after the announcement, the lowest being $230. As I mentioned earlier, I this couldn't have picked another timing as I was also about to post mine for sale :lol

This DC release was a bit of a surprise for me, but I like it. Articulation and Cheadle HS were the 2 main things I didn't like about the first WM release, provided HT doesn't pull a Mk3 DC again, this will likely replace my plastic WM.

Yeah, the proportions on the original version are great, IMO, to me the only thing that's outdated is the Cheadle sculpt. Cheadle HS would definitely be a rehash of the latest Cheadle head, and I wouldn't mind as it's perfect. Better weathering and paint app, for sure. And no more fragile spine, I hope!

dc426ed1bdc06a25f504ee5bb22f676b.jpg

Great, another 20% "die cast" reissue that many will go ga ga for.

Gotta give it to HT, their ability to market these things to desperate collectors as something amazingly awesome because of minimal diecast it's incredible.

Having that said, I'll never buy this. Ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hope this means the Mark VI DC is coming too.

Same here, part of me would consider selling the rest of my small (but growing) Iron Man collection and just have him represented in the collection with the Mark VI

I didn't want to pay such high prices for an older figure, so I got the AoU WM instead, so this is great news.

Would be awesome if they announce the MkIV after this, all I want is one definitive IM in my Avengers lineup. I've got the die cast MkIII, but I'm not satisfied with the shorter height or the lack of articulation. If they remade the IV and fixed those problems that'd be the one for me.

I don't know if I'm happy or sad. I missed the original run of the plastic version, and was actually happy about it, because I wouldn't spring for the secondary market prices, and I don't have an Iron Man figure yet (I figure I can't have WM without an Iron Man beside him).
NOW, I'm not going to be able to stop myself from getting this, and therefore I'll HAVE to get a diecast Iron Man to go with him. In Canadian dollars, that's gonna be a $900 set right there.
I just PRAY that it has proper trunk articulation, and NOT that horrible plastic swap out...

Back