1/6 did apollo 11 astronaut fiftieth anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys! $300 is high, but once that money is spent and I have a figure that represents the pivotal achievement of the 20th century, I likely won't mind.

Hell, I've spent that much on dinner with the wife that I don't even remember.

I'm thinking possibly the suit helmets, as the DML "gold" visor doesn't look too realistic.

I would want to pick up 4 of the lunar bases as well. For my Armstrong, Aldrin, Cernan and custom Shepard figures.

Not sure but maybe the outer boots, too.

It would also be cool to have one of the backpacks to display opened up.

To be honest, the DML versions have stood the test of time pretty darn good.

Apollo Display.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, they look good. I have one buried somewhere myself.

But these new figures do seem to get more attention to the finer details -- like the real covers on the real boots rather than molded plastic.

Hard to tell just how much there is of reuse and how much is actually upgraded.

Thanks for sharing that link, Raven.

The figure and accessories look fantastic. It is definitely an all-around update to the venerable DML/Dragon releases but not ground-breaking enough for me to replace my figures, at the current price.

If they had been cheaper, I would have picked up all three and converted my existing figures to other astronauts.

Thanks!

I had figured DiD might make plenty of these but you never know with them. Collins will be the one nobody wants... and he'll be worth the most in 25 years. :lol

Collins is like Zeddemore for the Ghostbusters. Collectors think they can live without him, but end up paying twice as much on the aftermarket.

Thanks!

I had figured DiD might make plenty of these but you never know with them. Collins will be the one nobody wants... and he'll be worth the most in 25 years. :lol

A lot of DiD stuff doesn't hang around at MSRP for long. I don't have the cash to throw at this, but if you do then get on it ASAP Wor-Gar!

...lost track of what MSRP is exactly, buy I've ordered from MonkeyDepot in the past and they've been great. $300 for Armstrong and Aldrin, $260 for Collins ($25 up front deposit).

Edit: yup, MSRP is on point.

Collins is like Zeddemore for the Ghostbusters. Collectors think they can live without him, but end up paying twice as much on the aftermarket.

That's precisely what I was thinking.

Maybe I'll go thru Timewalker. Wish there was something else I needed then I'd get free shipping.

A lot of DiD stuff doesn't hang around at MSRP for long. I don't have the cash to throw at this, but if you do then get on it ASAP Wor-Gar!

Yeah, the only recent thing from DiD that I was tracking was the DiD Roger Moore, which is still very much around but the price never went down. Never.

Toy origin might be worth a look they have collins for 259 dollars, dont know anything about them was going to hit up on facebook about shipping, allready went through kghobby for armstrong.......and kghobby should be shipping next week!

I would recommend TimeWalker Toys. Amazing staff and services. I am very lucky to live only 20 min away from the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back