1/6 Dengar (Finished pics in post 60)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dengar (My First ever painted head in post 9)

Wow!!! More pics please Jay, that is super! boots, head, backpack...everything..you must be so happy with this, congrats on a fine custom.

That looks great! Nice work!! I really love the backpack by the way. What the hell does Dengar use that backpack for anyways?? :)

That looks great! Nice work!! I really love the backpack by the way. What the hell does Dengar use that backpack for anyways?? :)

bodybags,some mars candy bars for lost energy,spare gloves(when the other ones have been bloodied),space girl magazine(for some lonely moments..)and of course soldier of fortune galaxy edition!:rotfl

Thanks lads, yeah I'm fairly happy with him. The head wraps weren't as hard to do as I had feared.

The back pack took the longest because I had to try and find all the bits and pieces.

I'll try to get more pics tomorrow.

Anymore updates on your Dengar V2 Brian?

Looking forward to seeing your Dengar Chaka.

Krieg, the back pack is huge so he probably keeps IG-88 folded up in there ready for deployment!

J14 that is a great first custom dengar you want to be very happy with it and get some more photos up of him please. I know when I did the head wraps on my one I must have done it about 15 time or more before I was happy with it..

Thanks Parker, yeah the head wraps were quite daunting at first but then I just got into doing them. They still need a wash to weather them up a bit.

I'll get more pics up tomorrow, when I get home.

Anymore updates on your Dengar V2 Brian?

Can't get the gloves right Jay, gonna have a go at the weekend at the gloves, leg wraps and boots. Then I need to find a holster and blaster :(

025.jpg

014.jpg

I know it's not movie accurate but I made mine out of fake leather.

I bought a ladies handbag from a second hand shop and cut it up.

I took the blaster (it was a broken Han Solo blaster) and wrapped the leather around the gun and glued it to give me the general shape then I just winged it from there.

I added a gold stud at the top and the closing strap has two tiny magnets to keep it closed.

d5e99048-40d9-3ce0.jpg

d5e99048-40e5-e442.jpg

It still needs a touch up of paint here and there.

Can't get the gloves right Jay, gonna have a go at the weekend at the gloves, leg wraps and boots. Then I need to find a holster and blaster :(

025.jpg

014.jpg

Hey man could you post a pic tutorial of the head wraps? And what you used for them? I picked up the head and I can't wait to get dengar built. So any help with the wraps would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, mike

Dudes. This is my favorite bounty hunter and you guys made him look soooo sweet! I'm gonna get that head and bash me one immediately! It's payback time!

Hey man could you post a pic tutorial of the head wraps? And what you used for them? I picked up the head and I can't wait to get dengar built. So any help with the wraps would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, mike

Hi Mike,

I cant speak for Bidufarewell because his head wraps are a billion times better than mine but I used:

An old piece of cloth. Anything will do as long as its quite flexable.

Bostik Sew Simple Fabric Glue:

[ame]https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bostik-80429-Simple-Fabric-Adhesive/dp/B000TAWHMA[/ame]

Two Rhinestone Nailheads:

https://www.rhinestonesonline.co.uk/matt-gold-nailhead-round-2mm-p-1630.html

For the hood / Neck wraps I used:

The hood from the Dragon Chris Johnston figure from the movie Timeline. I picked it up from TA for a few dollars but they dont have anymore it seems.

Full figure on Amazon.com
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Timeline-Johnston-Action-Figure/dp/B000VMJO9U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333018444&sr=8-1[/ame]

A Wooden toothpick:

Process:

I used the Chris Johnston hood opened all the way out (its just a matter of unfolding it, it's not sewn)

I positioned it with a seem to the side of the face and glued the folds at the side using the fabric glue on the end of a toothpick.

I then hid the rest of it beneath the backpack.

I cut three pieces of the cloth long enough to wrap around the head with a little spare at the back

1 piece big enough to make a bandana
1 x 1.5 inch (fold in half and glue)
1 x 1 inch (fold in half and glue)

I then folded the bigger one to make a bandana and wrapped it around the head and glued in place.

I then made some small folds in the bandana when it was on the head and secured them in place by using the fabric glue on the tip of a toothpick and holding the folds until they were glued (about 10 seconds).

I then just followed on by folding the middle sized one in half and wrapping it around the head gluing in place and then I did same with the smallest one.

I finished it off by gluing two nailheads to the front of the neck piece.

Hope this helps sorry I have no WIP pics.

Jay.

Last edited:
Wow. The ultimate Dengars. The custom pack is awesome and that holster - too cool.

It was weird that in ESB they decided everyone had to have Han's blaster!

Thanks swsqueakquels, The backpack is an old Nikon Digital Camera with most of the inside removed and glued to the outside.

I then just glued on any old bits and bobs that I found that looked "Star Warsy!"

Its weird that so many characters had Hans blaster but such a pity they are so hard to come by in 1/6th!

Back