1/6 Dengar (Finished pics in post 60)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant....loads of pics all in one place.

Chaka & Parker, as Bid said that's what this place is all about.

Those that "can do" helping out those that "want to do".

All of your pics will come in handy, I'll still have a way to go yet.

Bid, I'll check out a few parts sites tomorrow and see what bread bags I can find. I'll keep you in mind if I see any.

J.

Last edited:
Re: Dengar (My First ever painted head in post 9)

This is my Dengar I did,

010-5.jpg

I hope it helps :)

Hi Parker,

Just wondering if the holster was made by you or did you buy it from an existing figure?

Also does the holster strap wrap around his leg and then out through the armour or how did you get it sit so well?

Love this headsculpt so much and I miss my Dengar figure, but know it went to a good home with Darth Kearnivorous. J14 has stirred up my interest again and I'm working a little on a v2 Dengar. Here's the headsculpt I'm using for v2 and I'm gonna try use some tips from, J, Parker, Chaka and of course Hemble, the master.
DengarV2.png

I'm gonna try do the old headwrap and bandages at the weekend

Hi Brian,

That head sculpt is awesome. I bought you a present! I have a hood from Chris Johnston from the movie timeline for the head piece on the way for you and four bread bags (two of each colour of brown that they had) for the belt. I should have them from TA sometime this week.
I'll send them on to you.

I can't wait to see yours with that new head. Where did that come from?

Jay.

ah too kind Jay, I have the belt for you too, they're quite short but a piece to extend them at the back will work fine. The pouches in the reference pictures look different sizes. I've a couple of bread bags too, so between us both we should be sorted. The timeline hood will be perfect, soak it for a while in bleach and then wire through the seam will help shape it. The head is the Soldier Story U.S. Navy EODMU-11 that I told you about.
KGrHqFlkE8HMBnciiBPJyE4ZyJw60_3.jpg

Damn dude, thats a great new headsculpt you are going to use on Dengar. Cant wait to see him all bandaged up! :)

Thanks Chaka! Had a quick go at the head wrap, still need to play around with it a little. add the brass studs and weather it.

011.jpg

Wow man!! That looks outstanding!! That headsculpt looks fab, makes Dengar look like a bad-ass! :)

Thanks Jay, any updates on yours? Mine's not going to see anything else for a while. pm me your address and I'll send you on a belt and bag and some of the cloth I used for the bandgages (they still need to be weathered).

Thanks Jay, any updates on yours? Mine's not going to see anything else for a while. pm me your address and I'll send you on a belt and bag and some of the cloth I used for the bandgages (they still need to be weathered).

Thanks Brian that's really nice of you. I'm trying to get the back pack finished, I still think it's too bulky but I'll see what it's like when it's finished. I'll send you my address now.

Very cool! I wish I had the talent to do something like this!!

ah too kind Jay, I have the belt for you too, they're quite short but a piece to extend them at the back will work fine. The pouches in the reference pictures look different sizes. I've a couple of bread bags too, so between us both we should be sorted. The timeline hood will be perfect, soak it for a while in bleach and then wire through the seam will help shape it. The head is the Soldier Story U.S. Navy EODMU-11 that I told you about.

:thud:WOW that is a great looking head I can not wait to see Dengar V2 he is going to be one bad mofo :yess:

Since there are no real reference pics I kinda added some of my own ideas to this.

Its still not finished and I have to figure out a way to attach it to the figure but I think its coming along nicely.

My Back Pack Attempt.

backpack.jpg

From the bottom.

backpack2.jpg

I have more bits and pieces to add, its just a matter of finding the right materials.

That Soldier Story U.S. Navy EODMU-11 is based on Ray Stevenson; The Punisher/ Rome/Thor......I was looking at that sculpt for something else, never occurred to me to use it for Dengar! :slap....looks great!

THE DENISHAR!! :clap

Super work on the backpack Jay, it's gonna look great on! Will pop the few bits in the post tomorrow.

THE DENISHAR!! love it Feroze! It's quite a headsculpt for 10 bucks, my first time using anything other than Sideshow. Here it is with the bandaages all nice n' dirty. All I had to do was hit it with the Dremel a few times and then give it a lick of paint.

Gonna weather the armour next, just sticking with the Hasbro for now.

033-2-1.jpg

Damn dude, that looks fantastic! What did you use for hood/bandages? They look spot on.

Chaka the hood and bandages are a piece of cake.
I used the DiD Rorke's Drift shirt 'cos it's so cheap and I can use the sleeves for the gloves. It has lovely stiching and a nice seam which add a little detail. I fed a piece of wire through the hem and shape it around the head. The original one I made I used tiny brass studs from Barbie (don't tell Dorgs), but I can't source them now. The shirt had buttons which would have been perfect but 30 seconds in thick bleach melted them :(
Any linen is good for the bandages (a hospital sling would be perfect). Make a bandana first and stich it in place, once you're happy with the folds give it a lick of watered down PVA, add a wash at the same time to weather it. Then add a second piece over the eyes to get the folds right and tidy up the back. With the head and shirt, it only set me back about $15 and I picked up the complete Hasbro for $4. I think I've got Dengar OCD!!

Cheers mate, thanks for the tutorial.

Looks like I am going to have to redo mine. :)

Super work on the backpack Jay, it's gonna look great on! Will pop the few bits in the post tomorrow.

Nice one Brian,

I'll be doing more work on the back pack this week-end.

Hopefully have him finished before Paddys Day.

Dengar V.2 looks savage. I should have the Stuff from TA tomorrow or Friday. I have a two bread bags in it for you.

Those head wraps are awesome. I have been trying it with my fella and I just cant get it to look right. Hopefully the hood I bought from TA will do the job.

More pics please! :pray:

Back