1/6 Dengar (Finished pics in post 60)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dengar (My First ever painted head in post 9)

Super work on the backpack Jay, it's gonna look great on! Will pop the few bits in the post tomorrow.

THE DENISHAR!! love it Feroze! It's quite a headsculpt for 10 bucks, my first time using anything other than Sideshow. Here it is with the bandaages all nice n' dirty. All I had to do was hit it with the Dremel a few times and then give it a lick of paint.

Gonna weather the armour next, just sticking with the Hasbro for now.

033-2-1.jpg

Holy @#$@%... That looks fantastic! The bandages are A+. What an awesome figure.

Thanks all for the comments on the head, it's a pretty easy upgrade to the Hasbro figure and thanks to Jay for stirring up my interest again, I still love the original head we used and can't wait to see Jay's figure.
Here's a couple of shots, I started weathering the armour a little and playing around with a belt and pouch. It's much harder this time cos I no longer have drawers of parts to hand. I'm going to try real material gloves anyone use them before? and which MG is correct 34 or 42??

018.jpg

024.jpg

and a side profile of the headwrap for Jay
036.jpg

mg-42.with the stock removed,as far as i know

Last edited:

Gorgeous work on that head, looks PERFECT!!!!!!:horror

This is no good work. This is devil's work. This head painting looks absolutely frightening real.

That is the best Dengar I have seen..period. Super, super job on the paint apps and headwraps.

After seeing these pics, I think I am going to try and pick up one of these headsculpts. Wonderful job mate!

and a side profile of the headwrap for Jay
036.jpg

Oh wow Brian, that headsculpt is just amazing and you make the wraps look so easy, its not fair!

I just about have everything done except the head wrap. I should get him finished this weekend so I'll have pics up this day week.

He really is a great figure to do!

i can't believe i've missed this thread..............holy crap...:thud:

everyone's work is awesome but that headsculpt is just killer...........(no pun intended..:wink1:)

my least favorite bounty hunter and one i wasn't going to initially tackle.........but that new headsculpt makes me think maybe i should have a go at it..........dammit...............:mad:

:lol.............awesome work.

Thanks for the comments on the head guys, but to be honest I didn't have to do much, a little dremeling and a lick of paint. If anyone is giving it a go and can't get the head wrap right, just send it to me and I'll do it for you. I got real gloves and his blaster during the week, just have to make the gloves longer now. I think Jay has some updates coming on his soon too, can't wait!

019.jpg

022.jpg

Damn mate, that looks like a photo of a dude in the suit!

Outstanding job!! :clap :clap

Thanks for the comments on the head guys, but to be honest I didn't have to do much, a little dremeling and a lick of paint. If anyone is giving it a go and can't get the head wrap right, just send it to me and I'll do it for you. I got real gloves and his blaster during the week, just have to make the gloves longer now. I think Jay has some updates coming on his soon too, can't wait!

019.jpg

022.jpg

what gloves did you use?

Thanks guys, the gloves are just a cheap pair from Tox Anxiety, couldn't believe that you could actually put each finger in, just have to make them a bit longer now! Chaka, your Dengar will be awesome!

Absolutely Amazing. Those pics are nearly indistinguishable from a real, living human being.

You are an artist.

I just got him finished.

I am using an older Dengar sculpt that it think was made by Dorgs but I think it turned out ok for my first ever "from scratch" custom.

I kinda did what I wanted with the back pack but kept the general Dengar design.

I must give thanks to Brian (Bidufarewell) for his advice and "presents".

Hope you like.

d5e99049-b78f-7e72.jpg

d5e9904a-b7a2-0d09.jpg

d5e99047-b7bd-87d4.jpg

d5e99049-b7cf-df66.jpg

d5e99049-b7df-83a4.jpg

Back