1:6 Darth Vader 3D Laser Scan & Print Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Latest prints. I noticed I had made a mistake with the RotJ chest box when the model was sent to the printing company, so that will be redone.

, on Flickr

Will keep everyone posted on more updates.

Paul suggested we print everything and not just the boxes, sabers and accessories, so I sent him most of the models and we'll see how that goes.

Sorry for the lack of updates for a while. Been working on fixing some of the models for home printing and working out some kinks and suffering from illnesses. Having gone through all the models and working on the last few - have already sent all the fixed ones on to Paul - I'm hoping I'll finish that work by next week and if things go well we may have some updates soon after that if he's feeling well by then.

Thanks for all your patience.

Latest update on the project. Since we switched to printing I've received a few pictures of the progress that has left me pleased with the whole thing. I cannot wait for this to be ready. We are starting slow and try to do small runs of already made parts - we are going for full sets at first, as that will be easier for us. Eventually we can do single orders. Though I'll discuss this further with Paul regarding what they think is best. We ran into some issues with some of the 3D models, so I have been steadily trying to fix the ones Paul found to create errors in the prints, so everything will be perfect.

Here are a few pictures of some of the prints.
, on Flickr
, on Flickr
, on Flickr
, on Flickr

Latest update on the project. Since we switched to printing I've received a few pictures of the progress that has left me pleased with the whole thing. I cannot wait for this to be ready. We are starting slow and try to do small runs of already made parts - we are going for full sets at first, as that will be easier for us. Eventually we can do single orders. Though I'll discuss this further with Paul regarding what they think is best. We ran into some issues with some of the 3D models, so I have been steadily trying to fix the ones Paul found to create errors in the prints, so everything will be perfect.

Here are a few pictures of some of the prints.
, on Flickr
, on Flickr
, on Flickr
, on Flickr

This is shaping up nicely!
There is a lot of amazing custom work in this subthread, but every time I open up the customs section, I quietly hope that this thread has an update. :monkey3 It will be a marvelous day when Vader and the Stormtrooper buckets become available.

Since I am not a premium member I cannot post a sales thread or interest list here, but any interested parties can just contact me for info - or check The Prop Den forum for details.

Here are some new pictures of the printing progress - we currently have 2 complete ANH sets ready, almost 3 (some shins turned out to be rights and not a pair) and more to come. Working on getting ESB done as well, and will make RotJ kits pr order. There is also the option to get HT sized versions, since we can just upscale the 3D models when printing. We are going with the 2mm increase as suggested in the Solo_bones thread.

, on Flickr
(click the picture to go to the larger version. Will post more pictures in the WIP thread.)

Not clickable pictures:
, on Flickr
, on Flickr
, on Flickr
, on Flickr

Back