1:6 Darth Vader 3D Laser Scan & Print Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Darth Vader Project

We have already made a few casts, so those who have signed up before we canceled will still be able to get a set from us. I just can't say when we'll be ready yet.

Sorry for the news... but we'll try to figure something out. And thanks again for all your interest.

I am assuming I'm not part of this group. :(

I do hope you sort something out. It would be most impressive.

No, I'm afraid not, but I'll keep everyone posted on what happens. We may have found someone to take over, but I'll know soon whether he's interested.

We have stopped trying to mold the saber, due to the complexities of molding them with the D-ring attached, so we have decided that for the people who signed up prior to us cancelling the armor kit run will get all new freshly printed sabers instead. Please bear with us while these are being printed and we'll approach all of you again to hear whether you are still interested.

We have our producer. And there's been some new developments, so I'm hoping we'll have something cool to update with soon in the new year. Until then, have a nice New Years Eve.

I'm far more interested in this than Hot Toy's Vader. When you start an Interested list please remember me.

Last edited:

Yeah, we have no real intention competing with the licensed companies and this piece really isn't for anyone - it's for those who appreciate the wobbly, uneven, dinged up look of the actual props, so if you are not accustomed to how those look, you'll probably not like these and think the casts were warped and damaged.

We are currently ironing out the details with our producer.

What I'm most afraid of is recasters though. Yes, we are expensive, but this cost a lot to make, and yes, we have made things complex in order to make it look better with separate parts - I'm looking at you face masks... you evil tiny devil things. We have a few things planned, but if we are recast, then all that will stop, 'cause there's no point in spending so much money, time and effort on this if we are just being ripped off.

Would have been cool, though, if we could have collaborated with a licensed company, but they would probably have tried to idealize things, either by LFL/Disney demand or because they think they are improving things.

Yeah, we have no real intention competing with the licensed companies and this piece really isn't for anyone - it's for those who appreciate the wobbly, uneven, dinged up look of the actual props, so if you are not accustomed to how those look, you'll probably not like these and think the casts were warped and damaged.

I feel THIS is the main reason companies don't make them as they should. People will complain for the wrong reasons.

If you ever offer the dome seperately I'd be interested in it for my Kaiyodo, after the resculpt of the mask I'm satisfied with it but the dome is proving too difficult to do.

We are still waiting on getting everything over to our new producer, though the current plan is to only offer finished and painted pieces.

Won't be long now until everything reaches our new producer and hopefully we'll have an update real soon on how we progress from there. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been ill a lot lately and our producer has been swamped with work, so we haven't really made any progress since then. Though, we are working to sort things, so he's ready when he gets some spare time.

Would be interested in aset of this for sure, was following you from the start on the clubhouse forums

Yeah, it has been a long haul. Just hope we'll have more luck this year getting to the finish line than I've experienced over the last few years. So many setbacks and hurdles to overcome. But I think we are on the right track now.

Sorry I haven't updated in so long. It seems the rest of the stuff was received by our new partner and we are slowly sorting through everything to see what is and what is still needed to be done. Since the new mold maker has a pressure pot it will ensure perfect, flawless castings without pin holes and air pockets, but we have to make sure the molds are geared for that, so it's a slow process of checking everything. It seems some of the smaller parts didn't make the journey, so they will have to be reprinted, but the printing company is busy right now, so it will take a while. However, we may be able to make do with the stuff we have to create perfect production molds and pieces. I think the only think needing to be molded now is the ANH face mask and all the new prints and some of the minor accessory parts that were machined in metal.

And sorry for not keeping in touch personally with all the people showing interest. It just felt difficult to keep writing I had no real updates to report. I'll try and be better in the future.

Well, the new mold maker and caster sadly couldn't do it. He is just too busy with work. We had discussed this prior to sending everything to him and I knew he might not be able to do it, but at least he tried. I have asked for everything to be shipped to me, as the previous mold maker and caster is also too busy to take it back on, so I'll try and do it, but I am not as skilled with molding and casting as they are and I don't have a pressure pot as the second guy did, but I'll make this work. Somehow.

Getting this back in my hands and under my complete control will also mean everything is back on me to produce results. Having others do these things made me feel like I was no longer a part of the project and was basically just an idea- and money man - a feeling I really didn't like, as it made me lose interest in the project completely. I'm a hands on kinda guy - even though I'm not that skilled as the other guys helping me out - and getting to do this on my own may push me forward again and finally get this done.

Last edited:
Back