1:6 Darth Vader 3D Laser Scan & Print Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1:6 Darth Vader Project

I do not have any Sideshow pieces, so that's not really possible at this time. And I do not think the Sideshow stuff scales well with my accurately sixth scaled pieces - everything I've heard or seen of The Sideshow pieces make it sound over-sized.

I do not have any Sideshow pieces, so that's not really possible at this time. And I do not think the Sideshow stuff scales well with my accurately sixth scaled pieces - everything I've heard or seen of The Sideshow pieces make it sound over-sized.

I feel thats mostly the body it's on. Maybe the chest armor is a littLe big but the helmet is the right size I think.

I still want one even if it's not properly scaled with my Sidesh ow figure because it's a scan of the original. I pm'd my address I will be expecting it soon. :lol j/k

And here we are.

Xunhcxf.jpg

great to see this finally! This whole project is fantastic - congrats

Well, at this time I cannot guarantee that the dome will fit the Sideshow body, nor the helmet as a whole. That will have to be determined at a later time, once a cast arrives at someone who has one of these figures to do the comparison with. Until then I certainly won't make the claim my parts can be used with the Sideshow stuff.

And yeah, Sean, took a while before I decided to just post about the project here. I really has been a pleasure working with you on the commissioned pieces (Chloe Moretz sculpt and Dave Prowse rework).

Well, at this time I cannot guarantee that the dome will fit the Sideshow body, nor the helmet as a whole. That will have to be determined at a later time, once a cast arrives at someone who has one of these figures to do the comparison with. Until then I certainly won't make the claim my parts can be used with the Sideshow stuff.

And yeah, Sean, took a while before I decided to just post about the project here. I really has been a pleasure working with you on the commissioned pieces (Chloe Moretz sculpt and Dave Prowse rework).

If you decide to sell I will be able to confirm.

My partner got the new printed pieces and is currently working on getting them molded so I can get on with my project of making statues, which require the pieces to be sent back to me.

Can't wait to see this! True accurate 1/6 Vader parts are a grail to me.

:exactly: Me too!

Is the stormtrooper helmet/s you have shown available yet, or is that still in development? I really want that ANH style one.

Dumb question maybe, but why didn't you print these things in color? Isn't the quality good enough for that sort of thing?

Question, is the Vader helmet reveal-able? Or is that not an option at all? Would be nice for some customizers like myself who might want to use a reveal option.

Hi guys. I'll try to answer all the questions you are posing.

I'm currently concentrating on getting ready to start working on the statues I always wanted and is the reason I started this project, but the armor kit project has completely derailed my focus on what I wanted. We decided to cancel the armor kits we had up for interest. We simply do not have the time to do it, but since we've already created those molds, we'll find another way of making those available. We are looking into possible options, so I'll get back to you all on that.

We have already made a few casts, so those who have signed up before we canceled will still be able to get a set from us. I just can't say when we'll be ready yet.

The trooper helmets, if all goes well, will be paired with statues created by scanning casts off actual ANH and RotJ Stormtrooper armor. We are trying to work out those deals, but it is not easy. If that falls through we'll probably try to offer these the same way we'll try to make the Vader armor kits available.

There was no point in printing these in color as they'll have to be molded, cast and painted anyway and it's easier to spot mistakes on light casts. So no reason to spend money where it's simply not needed. The helmets are created as the standard props are, not the specialized reveal type. They will not be able to be taken apart to create a reveal. The way we constructed them simply will not allow such customization.

Sorry for the news... but we'll try to figure something out. And thanks again for all your interest.

Last edited:
Back