1:6 Darth Vader 3D Laser Scan & Print Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, heard back a few days ago that everything has been printed and was queued for clean-up and that I would get some pictures of the lot soon. YAY. Can't wait.

In the meantime I have been working on the RotJ boxes and here's the finished result. They are similar to the ESB, but the greeblie placement isn't the same as the ESB boxes I did. It's much easier to find chest box reference than belt box reference for RotJ. For some reason most pictures cut off right above the belt and when they go lower he's usually holding his hands at the belt buckle, covering the boxes. Thanks to all those who shared pictures of RotJ belt boxes. I really appreciate it. :)

, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is really cool! I can’t wait to see the printed pics, hopefully they turn out great.

I almost forgot about this. LOL. Isn't there a faster 3d printing company you could use on future projects? Looking forward to seeing the prints.

Great to see them. What printer did they use and what's the material?
Can't wait to own these brilliant parts!

I've halted all my custom Vader work until this set becomes available. Don't see much point trying to fix HT or SSC Vader pieces (sculpt issues, size issues etc.) when the real deal is coming in the next few months.

Great to see them. What printer did they use and what's the material?
Can't wait to own these brilliant parts!

I asked for the pieces to be printed on their best printers and in the best material. That's about as much as I know, but I can ask them.

Back