1/6 custom Imperial snowtroopers and 1/6 E-web cannon.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy smokes Batman! That Snow trooper is very drool worthy.

Hmmmmm, looking at your E-Web it seems part of it is a Browning M2 .50 caliber Machine Gun aka the "Ma Duce". Makes me want to find the broken one I have in a parts box and get to work on an E-Web.

Question on the E-Webs, I've only read one or two of the Republic Commando books and one I swear the commando's had an E-Web. Now I know in real military they change things up and upgrade, would the Clone Wars commando's have the same version of an E-Web or would it be different? Sorry to derail the thread, if anyone has the answer feel free to just PM it to me.

You know what I did use a toy 1/6 toy gun that I bought from TRU back then. I only used 2 parts. The big block at the rear of the gun and that I added handles to and the tapered ribbed part on the barrel. If I was to build one today I would scratch build the whole thing out of wood and ABS. The one I did build is very strong and has taken a beating in the last 10 years. The only glue I had at the time was JB Weld 2 part epoxy. That stuff is awesome, but not meant for modeling.

Anyways, thanks guy I'm glad you like my E-WEB. I'm sure Hurricane will hit it out of the part when he posts his E-WEB.

ok, ive made molds of all the major armor parts, im gonna make three in all two to man the e-web, one for lil' ol' me, the original has been stripped and the kind lady with da sewing machine is busy making 2 more sets of clothes and pouches.This E web has been along time coming i held out a lonnnnnnnnnnnggggg time for some promised blueprints of the screen used prop from a member of the 501st, they never came soooo its been a shed load of calculations, alot headaches as the eweb incorporates electronics :idea

Question on the E-Webs, I've only read one or two of the Republic Commando books and one I swear the commando's had an E-Web. Now I know in real military they change things up and upgrade, would the Clone Wars commando's have the same version of an E-Web or would it be different? Sorry to derail the thread, if anyone has the answer feel free to just PM it to me.

I shall not PM you! I refuse! :lol

sorry me inbox is mostly full, can't have you PM'ing me back now can I? :D

To answer your question, yes, the Commandos did have an E-Web. It was featured in the Republic Commando game, in fact, so I managed to take a nice screenshot in the game editor... here's the E-Web turret from ESB:

starwarscom_eweb_bg.jpg

and here's the one from the game that the commandos use:

commandoeweb.jpg

Apparently, they are extremely similar in design, but apparently later on they lost the little seat from the commando one... that actually rotates with the gun itself on the tripod... oh yes and they seem to have lost most of the blue glowey parts... and in the game (books too? only read the first and last ones) the turret only requires 1 person to operate, but two in ESB...

part of the design, like the seat for example, is there because it's a videgame; it would have been difficult to animate the commandos aiming a turret, because there are so many different positions it could be in, animating for all the possibilities would be impossible. And you can't rotate a commando at a single joint to have him turn and aim the turret while standing up, he would actually have to move around a lot. To simplify, they have the turret rotate from one joint (where the gun meets tripod) with a commando sitting in a seat. That way, the commando only has one sitting animation that it loops continuously as it rotates around the turret with the seat. His feet don't have to move in specific and infinite ways to move around the turret now, so a trillion different animations aren't necessary.

Hope that helps!

ok, ive made molds of all the major armor parts, im gonna make three in all two to man the e-web, one for lil' ol' me, the original has been stripped and the kind lady with da sewing machine is busy making 2 more sets of clothes and pouches.This E web has been along time coming i held out a lonnnnnnnnnnnggggg time for some promised blueprints of the screen used prop from a member of the 501st, they never came soooo its been a shed load of calculations, alot headaches as the eweb incorporates electronics :idea

:drool oh my goodness, electronics are involved? :horror

sounds like this is gonna be great!

OH yeah , those 501st guys, geez, you talk to one of them and they never get back to you, they're always too busy kissing up to Vader and bragging to the other clones that they saw him before he got his mask and everything, and they keep saying how loyal they are to the empire, makes me sick! This one 501st guy wouldn't stop showing me all the pics in his wallet from "the glory days"... he kept ranting and raving about this one in particular:

501stpic.jpg

:slap so annoying...

:lol

I can't wait to see your e-web hurricane! Can you send me your plans for it? Like the "calculations" and stuff you mentioned... I wanna make one too!

most of an armor set here, casted resin needs some dremelling, in all 3 sets have been cast, suits have been made along with skirts, gonna remake the boots as well...more very soon.
2010_04190013.jpg

Wow, looks great Hurricane! So how many are you making? It'd be awesome if you sold some to people... :monkey3

picked up the body suits n skirts/pouches today, so redressing the original with cleaner stuff, i modelled him originally on the ILM costume that does the rounds in museums (very grubby now)
2010_04200002.jpg

Okedokeydoodle, the snowies are coming along well, some pics below, firstly the hlmets have had green lenses fitted this is some welding visor thats been heated and stretched to make it thinner.Boots are a combinations or a casting of the kotobukiyas right boot,casted again,heated and manipulated to be a left foot,these are only up to the ankle the rest is fabric taken from some german 1/6 cold weather over trousers, cut down resewn and detailed, the wraps were cut from an old light tent white backdrop,rivets on the back of the boots are dressmakers pin heads, yet to be fully weathered tho this will be done with citadel bleached bone (as to match the prop boots)The backpack is koto too but slush casted to save on weight and resin.The thermal detonator is a casting of the sideshow item.Blaster is sideshow ANH, yet to be altered to ESB spec.The shoulder straps were cut from an old marmit AT-AT pilots armor (god im an animal:naughty)this allowed them to be heated and positioned.
2010_04290003.jpg

2010_04300004.jpg

2010_04290024.jpg

2010_04290025.jpg

2010_04290018.jpg

2010_04290009.jpg

Amazing as alway Hurricane LOL But chopping up your marmit AT AT just for the little straps when you can not see them under the helmet LOL you are insane but I like that.

The Boots are a work of art man.. Simply chuffing amazing!!!!! Sigh

Thanks for all the tips btw... Grand Master Hurricane :)

Uber Impress-ie-o. Really awesome work and really love the fine touchs like the green lens.

Still waiting for that E-Web! :impatient:

:lol

Your snowtrooper is great, but that's to be expected from you... :D Now bring on the big guns!

....EXTREMELY well done....your Snowy looks bad a$$ and I cant wait till that E-web cannon crew hits our screens.

Yeah that's AWESOME :) Thanks Glenn for sharing!!

Looking extremely forward to see the complete diorama!

~Martijn

Back