1/6 CUSTOM: Agent Smith - Matrix - Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RIT Color remover sometimes works. Ive been able to get black to Grey. But it always has a sort of yellow Tint. But then a slight tint of blue might give it the right green tone. Worth a shot I suppose.. But this CRM suit has sort of a shiny finish to it which means it is probably a synthetic material which will neither dye nor decolor.

I once dyed a white shirt dark blue and then I needed it white again. I used a combination of Rit color remover, bleach, lime away and Goof Off. and repeated the cycle about 20 times. It took hours.

two of those chemicals combined to make the most god awful stench, I think it was the RIT and the lime away. I think it literally shaved years off of my life it was the most toxic thing I've ever smelled.

I'm surprised it didn't eat the material.

I had a 1/6 newsboy hat that I wanted to bleach the color out. I left it in too long -- color never left -- but when I took it out it literally dissovled in my hand into jelly.

smith.jpg

Looks like a caricature to me even with the sunnies on - and then there's the likely scale issue... I'll be sticking with the HT Hugo sculpt.

Yup I agree it sort of feels like a cartoon version to me. Definitely not fit to hold a candle next to my amazing Morpheus and Neo. With so much quality in my collection at this point it's quality or nothing,

If I can pull off a quality Smith with the hot toys head it will be done!

I like the angry determination I see in the HP sculpt. But yes, he does seem like a "cartoon" version.

I still hope the HT sculpt can work, and that I can snatch one for less than $60. But I guess as far as Smith goes, the sculpt is really the only pricey part of this bash.

Yup I agree it sort of feels like a cartoon version to me. Definitely not fit to hold a candle next to my amazing Morpheus and Neo. With so much quality in my collection at this point it's quality or nothing,

If I can pull off a quality Smith with the hot toys head it will be done!

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Some pics of my custom Smith, which basically consists of the HT head sculpt, MIB tux from Enterbay, shades of the HT T-800 and the shoes of the HT T 1000. Finally one of my dreamprojects completed.

Back