1/6 CUSTOM: Agent Smith - Matrix - Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I'm not making a Smith myself, I definitely prefer the Red Skull sculpt over the headplay version. The HP one has a good likeness around the eyes, but the overall head just looks "droopy", for lack of a better word.

Here's a quick (and crude) mock-up I just made what the above mock-up could look like with glasses:
MrSmith.png

I think the shape of the eyebrows is throwing off the likeness a bit on the HT sculpt.

While I'm not making a Smith myself, I definitely prefer the Red Skull sculpt over the headplay version. The HP one has a good likeness around the eyes, but the overall head just looks "droopy", for lack of a better word.

Here's a quick (and crude) mock-up I just made what the above mock-up could look like with glasses:
MrSmith.png

I think the shape of the eyebrows is throwing off the likeness a bit on the HT sculpt.

As expected, definitely better with the shades. I'm still on the fence. I know the detail will be there in the HT sculpt and it will look much more lifelike... but I just don't know.

If only my 1/6th suit would lay like that... :lol

me too!!!...but i went anyway....had a great time.

i take it your blue pill had a little 'V' on it? :lol

i like that "with glasses" mock-up. with a good suit that would make an excellent figure.

i just read the wikipedia entry about agent smith and the change to the suit colours. very interesting little bit of trivia i'd never have known without this thread. today's little plus. asmus toys has a white suit you could probably dye to the exact dark green colour you wanted. i doubt a dark green tint would take on a black suit.

asmus toys has a white suit you could probably dye to the exact dark green colour you wanted. i doubt a dark green tint would take on a black suit.

Problem is the threading. It tends not to take the dye the same way material does, so you could end up with a dark green suit with white stitching or, at best, bright green stitching.

A brown or tan suit might be the best way to go. Gray, which would be the best, also has the too-light stitching issue.

A black suit may still work, if the black is dull enough or if the material absorbs enough green to read in certain light. Theoretically you could bleach the black a tad lighter to make room for a green bath but bleach is such a wild card and you could end up with a purple suit.

ah, good point about the stitching.

i think boiled dark green dye on black might be the best way to go in that case, especially for a really subtle green tint. the problem i always have with bleach is patchiness.

I see the Headplay head already available on eBay. Didn't take long to get that out.

Made a comp so others could see...

HTvHPWeavingsculptcomp.jpg

I guess the HT head is the better choice. Too bad about the HP because it looked like a great sculpt (see below), maybe its the paint...

smithbyheadplay.jpg

OK, need leads on some SHINY BLACK DRESS SHOES.... and a black DESERT EAGLE.

Excellent suggestions, thank you!

On the shoes, not sure about Reloaded but in the first Matrix the shoes were high tops and had no seam across the toe. I found a pair on eBay without the seam but they weren't high tops nor shiny enough.

The suit of course I'm still trying to find a good dark one that is light enough to accept a slight change in color to dark green, so that suit might be too black.

I'm having a tough time finding good pics of Agent Smith's suit from the first film for reference/comparison, but the HT "Friend" suit may be a viable option. It's a nice quality, and a dark grey color that would most likely take a green tint well.

Yep, having seen it on your Draper custom, its about the best suit I've seen so far in cut and fit (only incorrect bits are pocket flaps out and the L-corner on the jacket bottom instead of the curved corner). And the color is exactly what I need for the dying. But these will be tough to find now.

There's got to be an economical option out there.

I've got to vouch my vote against the friend suit. IMO It's a really weird looking cut. it hangs really low, like far below the crotch which is weird also because it's a 2 button. You pretty much have to lengthen the legs to make it look anything less than ridiculous and even then it looks strange. Worst of all it's a little bit on the baggier side especially so since Hugo is so thin.

Even though its black not green the CRM toys is still the best overall fit. I too wish it were green.

How about the BR Joker grey suit?

I was eyeballing that suit too because of its "dyeability", but it still has problems: pocket flaps out, it's not designed to close (if you want that look for the tie) and its pretty tough to find the suit these days.

Other than the color, I still think the CM black suit looks to be the best choice so far for Smith.

mc0167_1.jpg

Pocket flaps in, rounded corners, and working 2-button suit.

Last edited:
Back