1/6 - Big Chief Studios - Gladiator - The Spaniard Collector Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the headsculpts under Batman's mask are horrible too... oh wait, you can't actually see it just yet. Logic.

I kinda like the option of displaying my figures with an accessory like a helmet on or off. Logic!

What makes you think you can't take the helmet off? Additionally you didn't note that in your initial post, so you said "the headsculpt" is awful but it isn't really awful at all. You could have said "I sure hope the helmet is removable."

What makes you think you can't take the helmet off? Additionally you didn't note that in your initial post, so you said "the headsculpt" is awful but it isn't really awful at all. You could have said "I sure hope the helmet is removable."

This is what makes me think this, and also because BCS doesn't have the best track record.

attachment.php

Cool. Thats a year ago. Before passing judgement wait for the specs. As of now the headsculpt isn't shown enough to say "this sucks" because you can't see it.

Just like companies that feel the need to tease us with something that want produce, we have every right to think that what they're showin' is what we gonna get. Not that Big Thief Studios has ever produced what they've shown... but I digress.

Really? I don't think it's the greatest likeness, but it still looks closer to me than... whoever the Pangaea sculpt is supposed to be.

I agree. The BCS sculpt isn't spot on, but I think it's a lot closer than that Pangaea sculpt, whoever that is.

Does he need a bit of bigger body? I can't pinpoint what it is. Crowe wasn't jacked in Gladiator but this seems a wee thin, almost like the proportions are there but the body should be 10% bigger. All the parts he's got seem high enough quality, and even the sculpt, I think will be elevated with a body that has a thicker neck.

This is the first mainstream Maximus offering to encompass everything I could want, ideally the price would be $230 or less, definitely going to make an effort to purchase this.

Depending on price I may bite. I don't see too much of an upgrade from what you could cobble together with the Pangaea and Kaustic Plastik offerings. The sculpt probably isn't any good. If it was they wouldn't be hiding it.
I'm interested in the spear and the following:
2vvufmc.jpg

And there's no release date posted on the card at the Con, so who knows when this thing will finally come out, delay could be caused by additional work, who knows.

That sculpt needs to blow people away. Don't know how sought after this is with all that's been released. I own both the Pangaea and KP's accessory pack. The thing that was lacking with both was the sculpt. Even then there was at least one bootleg sculpt out there that fit the bill.

I think these guys took (taking) too long to release this figure.

Even though it's a bit dated now, one of the best Crowe as Maximus heads I've ever seen is an old Hot Toys generic military figure.

I want Maximus but preferably on a budget, the custom options have always seemed to add up to significant money when all was said and done.

Back