1/6 - Big Chief Studios - Gladiator - The Spaniard Collector Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Pangaea might not be the best sculpt in the world but it does at least look passable the BC attempt is just laughable at their price point.

The problem with this figure just based on that one pic is that this is what is readily available in making a Crowe gladiator: Pic courtesy of Thrustmaster
gladiator-tm-1.png

What company made those?

SnakeDoc

The one on the left was made by ACI, however, the head is an aftermarket cast. The two on the right are both Pangaea's gladiator which has some connection with ACI. The middle one is primarily, if not all, Pangaea. The one on the right the outfit is Pangaea with a recast head and a ZC Toys 3.0 Muscular body.

And as far as it being a cheat...if you can't, at the least, match what someone cobbled together then what's the point?

I know we all see things differently and just based on that one picture from BR there is some Crowe in there. Nothing is perfect in this hobby. That physique isn't correct for Crowe in the picture I posted. However, for me right now the picture I posted conveys Crowe's gladiator better than Big Red's.

I know the big talk is about the Goldfinger figures, but has anyone posted any new close up pics of this? saw that this was at the BCS booth too.

Haven't seen any yet. In fact I haven't seen any new pics of this in so long I genuinely forgot it even existed. Hope, for their sake, they've done a bit more work on the sculpt...

I never could find an "affordable" Pangea Gladiator...any of the two versions, so this new offering could be the solution, would get this and 007 from them, the question is...how many more months/years one have to wait for these??...who knows!!!

I'm really interested in the body on this. Love the look of the knee joint. if anything, this set will be great for parts

Inigou sculpt looked good, and now this looks inferior. Panagaea with knock off sculpt beats it easily. And why this shield?

the shield/look they're going for is the first match in the Colosseum. The battle of Carthage scene I believe it was called. Pangaea kind of had a mixture of looks with their releases

gladiator-3.jpg

I'm really interested in the body on this. Love the look of the knee joint. if anything, this set will be great for parts
Good point. But may be too expensive even for the parts.

the shield/look they're going for is the first match in the Colosseum. The battle of Carthage scene I believe it was called. Pangaea kind of had a mixture of looks with their releases

gladiator-3.jpg
Oh. How could I miss that. Thank you. I got used to the round shield look.

Good point. But may be too expensive even for the parts.

Oh. How could I miss that. Thank you. I got used to the round shield look.

No problem :hi5:

I do intend to buy one full figure for the "Are you not entertained?!" look, then get a body separately to replace with my Pangaea figure for his battle with the tigers and round shield

Back