1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Mondo Iron Giant and and very happy with the quality of it, so I'm not too worried about this.

I have the Mondo Iron Giant and and very happy with the quality of it, so I'm not too worried about this.

I have both Iron Giant figures and love them, but they are really light plastic and feel cheap for what they charged. They're still great looking figures though.

The blue highlights/shading on this has grown on me... a bit, but I don't think I can spend $125 on this...

Did the Mondo Iron Giant or Turtles sell out, or did they stick around long enough that they were put on sale anywhere?

I put one on PO with BBTS. This show and Batman Returns is the reason i am a huge Batman fan. It may be a tad over priced but, I will most likely pick it up when it ships.

The price is actually less than what I thought Mondo would charge. I hope they go deeper with this line, I would love a 1/6 animated Ivy!

The price is actually less than what I thought Mondo would charge. I hope they go deeper with this line, I would love a 1/6 animated Ivy!

Agree. I have a compulsion to get the Joker equivalent for each 1/6 Batman so I’m really hoping for that if this does well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dunno. I love Batman: The Animated Series but for some reason I’m just not really feeling this. Especially at $125. It’s got a bit of a cheap look to it.

I think the best representation of the character I’ve got is actually the Kotobukiya 1:10 statue which I’m satisfied with. I kind of abandoned the DC Collectibles figures. They’re cool but feel too fragile.

Exclusive HARDAC Head got me to order it. I’ve wanted that Batman since that episode aired. Really disappointed in DCC for not including that head in their expressions pack Batman.

What is up with the $25 shipping though? Sheesh!

Oh, man! It's gotta be the exclusive version for me, mostly for that wind-swept cape. :rock

I also was initially turned off by the blue-highlights but it's grown on me the more I look at it. Just part of the challenge of creating a 3D representation of something depicted with fluid lines and forms in two dimensions (and I imagine a greater challenge for Mondo than what they did for the Turtles line).

I know Mondo is still relatively new at producing this type of product and, while a fabric outfit would've been great to hide all those unsightly joints, it's probably beyond what they're capable of right now. And, with DC Collectibles winding down their own line of DC Animated figures, it's doubtful anyone else will be doing anything like this with the license. It's nice that the exclusive won't be limited to just a few hundred, so there goes my $150. :gah:

Back