1/6 Batman: TAS figures coming from Mondo...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any update from Mondo?

giphy.webp

Anybody else remember being excited about this before they showed us photos? :rotfl

Freeze is dope but Batman looks really bad.

If they get rid of that stupid lighting effect, I will buy em. Mondo is all right, It's not hot Toy. I have their Iron Giant and I love him, but he looks and feel very cheap (and he wasn't). I need them to get rid of that stupid light effect and just release Batman animated as he were, in 1/6

If they get rid of that stupid lighting effect, I will buy em. Mondo is all right, It's not hot Toy. I have their Iron Giant and I love him, but he looks and feel very cheap (and he wasn't). I need them to get rid of that stupid light effect and just release Batman animated as he were, in 1/6

I’m conflicted because I feel like that shading effect is why the Freeze figure looks cool as hell; it just seems a bit more divisive in terms of how people are responding to it on Batman.

I LOVE freeze - his accessories and alternate heads are fantastic. I don't even mind Batman if the rest of the line matches up to freeze. As stated above, the painted on lighting effects are what differentiates this line and has to be the same style as freeze which I am definitely happy with

The trouble is we'll probably be paying over $200 each for these, and they certainly don't look like it. Mondo needs to get their pricing sorted out or up their quality seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m conflicted because I feel like that shading effect is why the Freeze figure looks cool as hell; it just seems a bit more divisive in terms of how people are responding to it on Batman.

That's my feeling on it as well. Now I'm just chomping at the bit for MONDO to release some more info. Can you imagine Man-Bat and Scarecrow like this? :yess:

Really disappointed with Batman, his torso looks like a snowman sculpt! hope they fix this - otherwise its a pass!

Typical new company attitude. Jump in and charge HT prices for far less quality.

The problem is they are charging high end prices but not offering a high end product. It's basically a larger size action figure with no fabric pieces or any special high end treatment beside it's the same 12" / 1:6 scale. Hasbro only asked $60 for their 12 inch Marvel figures and people aren't that interested. They go on sale for $30-40.

Some info on the 1/6 figures:

Mondo Gallery Presents: Phantom City Creative's BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES Art Show

We're flipping the switch on the bat signal during South by Southwest with a spectacular gallery show featuring the Caped Crusader with limited edition screen prints from Phantom City Creative’s Justin Erickson.

The show will highlight Batman: The Animated Series, one of the most celebrated incarnations of Gotham’s Dark Knight. The opening reception will be at Friday, March 9 from 6 – 10pm and will be on display until March 12. The Mondo Gallery is located at 4115 Guadalupe St, Austin, TX

In addition to new posters available at the gallery, Mondo’s upcoming line of Batman: The Animated Series 1/6 scale figures will be on display.

I love that "The Demon's Quest" artwork. I always thought that sword fight between Batman and Ra's was really cool.

wow. These are really cool, especially Freeze. If they go all in on this line, I may get rid of my DC collectibles animated series figures and just do these. As of now, Freeze is a for sure purchase and Batman a maybe depending on price. Any hints as to who the next figure or two will be?

Back