1/6 Asmus Toys - The Mask - Mask 2.0 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my figure last night. Overall, quite happy with the figure. I was surprised that Ipkiss is a full figure, as I initially thought it was sculpt and clothes only.

The body is alright... doesn't feel flimsy, but the arms seem stiff and are difficult to lift up (partly because of the design, partly because of the clothes). Ipkiss' body has a rubber upper torso. Accessories are good, Milo has a good sculpt (normal version), but his nose is painted terribly which throws off all effort and realism put in the sculpt and wash. The Mask Milo is good, the green skin could have been more sharper... the color is kinda dull. Teeth have good details and paint.

Jim Carrey sculpt I think looks pretty good in hand. I think the major problem is not how the eyes were sculpted, it is the iris that is painted too big. Speaking of eyes... both mask HS have a green tint where white should be. But its not super noticeable I guess. All in all, 2 good full figures for the price of 1 HT, plenty of hands, good accessories, solid purchase. Chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-boom, chick-chicky-BOOM !!!

Love this guy! Better than I thought it would be, I like how there is a seam sculpted in the back of the mask to make it look like the original everything about this figure is fantastic IMG_5478.jpg

Working on my Ace Ventura cast to have a good stanley head...
I still have to work on the hair...
20170519_134652.jpg

20170522_094628.jpg

The work on stanley continue..what do you think? I hope to receive the asmus soon to see the skin color

Looks great but expression seems no fitting as Stanley. Character never been crazy unless he put mask on.

@naboni,

The sculpt looks great but a s Bunnyfreakz already mentioned, I can't remember him actually laughing out loud like that or be that enthousiastic while playing Stanley.

BTW, do you know the policy of Asmus Toys. I have had The Mask figure for a month or 2 now but since the beginning the closed mouth sculpt has some paint issues and it has a chip in the nose. I can't return it to my dealer because he has the 14-days warranty. Any chances I can ask for a replacement directly from Asmus? I'd like to buy their Stanly as well but the problems with my mask sculpt are really drawing the attention. :/

@naboni,

The sculpt looks great but a s Bunnyfreakz already mentioned, I can't remember him actually laughing out loud like that or be that enthousiastic while playing Stanley.

BTW, do you know the policy of Asmus Toys. I have had The Mask figure for a month or 2 now but since the beginning the closed mouth sculpt has some paint issues and it has a chip in the nose. I can't return it to my dealer because he has the 14-days warranty. Any chances I can ask for a replacement directly from Asmus? I'd like to buy their Stanly as well but the problems with my mask sculpt are really drawing the attention. :/

My mask figure havent that problem and I hope that stanley have no problem when I receive it...for the head I have no problem for that smile because I only want a normal Jim Carrey head... ;)

I try to paint a copy of my head but is very hard without the real asmus body so I have to wait my asmus stanley before to paint the final head..
This is my first try...
20170525_152826.jpg

I noticed that the solo packaging for Ipkiss isn't on Asmus's website... Looks like I'll miss out on Stanley.

Could have been better. Rest is fine for the price point imo.
e887510e81a2b44bbb673b447afb08d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Still waiting for ipkiss to turn up here in the uk. He left the country on may 22nd and no updates since then. How long should he take? I ordered direct from asmus

No idea, I just got notice that Asmus will be sending me a new sculpt without the issues mine had. I have to send my old sculpt back. I thought I would have to destroy it.

Back