1/6 1/6 Anakin custom by Vensei _ Star Wars: Episode III version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i1xoj8.gif
**** yourself dear... ;-)

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

ANY...way....

Is the figure in the OP for sale? I offer $20. It's used. Depreciation. I'll have to be honest though. If I get it, I'll destroy it on video and post the results to YouTube.

It is amazing that how people can just talk irresponsibly when they don't understand lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's ok to be jelly but don't make it so obvious lol

There's fine craftsmanship, but jealous of a figure from a POS movie of a POS character? No. Now if this were Serang's Van Gogh in complete full set form, then we can talk about drooling.

There's fine craftsmanship, but jealous of a figure from a POS movie of a POS character? No. Now if this were Serang's Van Gogh in complete full set form, then we can talk about drooling.

I mentioned that because I can't see people keep bashing something they don't own.....I have Serang Van Gogh too but maybe just personal opinion that Van Gogh can't be beat Anakin in terms of craftsmanship.

I do remember being impressed with this Anakin when I first saw it... but in fairness this was the other high-end version at the time:

review_anakin_3.jpg

But even then I clearly remember thinking the hair looked a bit too much like dreadlocks and that the face (while well sculpted) was not a great likeness. It's still a very cool piece of custom figure history and definitely well beyond what most customs looked like in 2006. But that anyone would think it was worth 22K or think they could run a scam trying to sell a new version of it is beyond me :lol

ANY...way....

Is the figure in the OP for sale? I offer $20. It's used. Depreciation. I'll have to be honest though. If I get it, I'll destroy it on video and post the results to YouTube.

Maybe his cat jumped up on the keyboard when he was about to post that he paid $20 for it. The cat stepped on a couple of zeroes and he never caught that.

Can someone please start a third thread about the same figure? I always find these things work better in threes.

What the hell did I just read for 15 pages? Just because I searched something Cmiller99 said about "$22,000". GDIT, I can't get those minutes back.

Cheers, Cmiller99 :duff

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain that I'm addicted to toy buying. There's been plenty of fairly expensive toys that I've bought over the years that I really couldn't afford. I look back at some of those rare $300 and $400 purchases and say to myself, that was way too much money to spend. My wife has been mad at me on more than one occasion for buying an expensive toy out of our joint account rather than my own personal spending money. I think if I ever spent $22,000 on a toy I might as well go play in traffic, because my wife would murder me in the most painful way possible. That's kind of like me deciding to buy a Ferrari instead of getting a Honda Civic for a new car. I can't even imagine having $22,000 to toss at a toy, especially at 1/6 scale. I've seen all kinds of awesome custom figures that sell for around $800 to $1000. Those are usually 1 of a kind figures at that. Where do people come up with asking prices of $22,000 in the first place? It the body made out of pure platinum? Is it really a 1/6 scale fully self aware AI Android? Can it make you breakfast in bed every morning without mentioning the night before? Did you discover it in the tomb of an extremely powerful ancient Egyptian mummy? I can only guess as to why anyone in their right mind would have the nerve to ask a price like that, let alone someone to pay a price like that.

23da4306af266d110981f84aa1f45977.jpg

You don't understand because you're not there yet, simply put, you aren't at the level to understand why.

Not sure how many threads there are going to be for this figure, but I guess it's the $22k that has everyone jumping up and down. Look if someone has the money and wants the figure, more power to them. The first time I saw photos of this figure it absolutely blew me away. It was an amazing piece of craftsmanship. I collected Bowen and Sideshow and had zero interest in 1:6 at the time and I set about searching for one. I had the chance to pick one up for either $2,500 or $3k, I can't recall. It may have been more. Of course I thought that was insane. Little did I know it wasn't that crazy in the 1:6 world and I've since paid over $1k for a figure. However even if I could purchase one today for $2k-$3k I doubt I would. Not to take anything away from Vancie, but nowadays there are customizers capable of producing similar quality figures. It would be interesting to see an Anakin by Rainman, Velvet Morning or Iminime. Ideally I'd like to see an official release from Hot Toys, but I don't think they'll be producing any prequel figures for a while. Eventually I would like to have a high quality Anakin in the collection.

Back