1/4 vs 1/6 figures (not statues)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1/4 the new 1/6

• Total voters
Re: Is 1/4 the new 1/6!

Not interested in 1/4 figures. Just too big. No room for them.

Anything bigger you get. . . less depth. Anything smaller, you get. . . more depth.

Tell that to my wife!!

rodney1.jpg

for articulated figure, I prefer 1/6..for statue I prefer 1/4 :D :D

I like very much 1/6 figures. Those 1/4 figures are too big.

All I can say is, so far so damn good for 1/4 scale. Like nova says though, it'll never replace 1/6 scale. Nothing will imo.

1/6 is large enough.....I don't have the space for all I would like to have...too many licenses and too much goodness....To start the size of the collection over would be too rich for me.

I used to love collecting 1/4 pf's since 2006, but after accumulating a large amount (not too mention the space problems) they didnt really have that 'bang this is a big statue' feel to them anymore for me when i looked at them and just felt like any other figure, so ive now narrowed my collection down and thinned it out and turned to 1/6 mainly.

most of the ppl on this board are purely 1/6 collectors, so regardless how well done 1/4 pieces are, that is never going to change. Personally, I have always been more of a 1/4 collector, so that's never going to change for me, but I have a few 1/6 items where a equally good 1/4 version doesn't exist.

Here's the breakdown:

1:4, 1:6, and 1:1 are all top tier

1:2 and 1:3 are close second (only in terms of popularity, ie. how many collectors collect this scale)

1:5 is for the fail :nana: j/k

1:12 and 1:18(3.75") are old school window box figures

the rest are more or less off scales

-

Last edited:

I cannot abide too many 1/4's in my room. There's just not enough space for it. 1/6 has allowed me to get more bang for the real estate, and I'm happy with that scale.

Whether it is or not, HT is really trying to push this on us, two 1/4 announcements in one day with one lackluster 1/6 which i think is a ploy to boost 1/4 converts.

I personally will only buy one or two 1/4 as they are just too big and expensive, and those will be very iconic characters.

No matter how cheap they push these 1/4 figures I have 0% interest in them. There is just no real state available for them and having figures at different scales looks weird IMHO.

EB made 1/4 figures to try to differentiate themselves, and HT is doing them to restrict market influence from EB. The 1/6 collector (which is the vast mayority based on the poll) gets hurt in the process. I would have loved to have the 1/4 figures that HT announced, but now I will just have to wait for the "possible" 1/6 versions whenever they come out.

For me, I'm starting to say yes. I like the 1/6, but if I can get the same quality but bigger, I'm in. I'd rather have a few less 1/6's and take a handful of really impressive 1/4.

My 1/4 Enterbay T2 is one of the best "figure" collectibles I have. The size is great, and the accessories are made out of real metal.

Back