1/4 vs 1/6 figures (not statues)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1/4 the new 1/6

• Total voters
Re: Is 1/4 the new 1/6!

I think statues and stuff are great for 1/4th, but for figures I think 1/6th is the perfect scale!

We won't know until we see HT at 1/4 and the EB T800 looks amazing at 1/4 imho.

We won't know until we see HT at 1/4 and the EB T800 looks amazing at 1/4 imho.

I just think 1/4th is too big for a figure. Sure it will be more detailed, but due to it's size (and most likely price) I have zero interest in it right now.
Also because I have established a nice HT 1/6th collection over the years. I don't need out-of-scale figures standing between them.

Same here but i'm looking forward to seeing what HT do with the 1/4 line. :rock

Ditto, bro! :exactly:

I think statues and stuff are great for 1/4th, but for figures I think 1/6th is the perfect scale!

I hope HT keeps 1/6th their main thing!

:goodpost: Agreed!

I hope that Hot Toys keeps 1/6th their main thing also, I won't buy a lot of 1/4 figures but there will be one or two that I can't resist. :D

I just think 1/4th is too big for a figure. Sure it will be more detailed, but due to it's size (and most likely price) I have zero interest in it right now.
Also because I have established a nice HT 1/6th collection over the years. I don't need out-of-scale figures standing between them.

Buy some displays and display them away from each other you cheap ass. :lecture :lol :1-1:

So you don't think the EB T800 looks good at 1/4? I don't really have room for 1/4 now with how many i already have but i could sell some of those if the HT ones look great. I'll just wait and see.

I hope that Hot Toys keeps 1/6th their main thing also, I won't buy a lot of 1/4 figures but there will be one or two that I can't resist. :D
Yeah so do i and i'm sure they'll mostly do 1/6 but there is nothing wrong with them trying 1/4.

Yeah so do i and i'm sure they'll mostly do 1/6 but there is nothing wrong with them trying 1/4.

:goodpost: Agreed, diversity is great for all kinds of collectors. I'm sure they will keep up with their 1/6 line even if their 1/4 scale is successful.

Buy some displays and display them away from each other you cheap ass. :lecture :lol :1-1:

So you don't think the EB T800 looks good at 1/4? I don't really have room for 1/4 now with how many i already have but i could sell some of those if the HT ones look great. I'll just wait and see.

The fact that I'd have to buy special displaycabinets or whatever to display them, makes it even less attractive to switch over to another scale.

I think the EB T800 looks great at 1/4th, don't get me wrong. My personal opinion however is, that I think these figures are too big at 1/4th scale.

The fact that I'd have to buy special displaycabinets or whatever to display them, makes it even less attractive to switch over to another scale.
You do know i was just kidding with you right? :lol I know you don't have much room and 1/6 is perfect for you.

I think the EB T800 looks great at 1/4th, don't get me wrong. My personal opinion however is, that I think these figures are too big at 1/4th scale.
That's fair enough. :hi5:

1/6 will always be the bedrock and it seems 1/4 scale poseable figures are either a fad or an evolution of Premium Format statues.
Fact is, for an average collector, the added expense and size of these figures and packaging could force a lot of us out. By extension, it could be damaging to this hobby long term along with re-releasing figures from their sodding back catalogue!
Not sure if anyone else feels this but recently, Hot Toys seems to have mutated into this corporate greed monster, seemingly slapping its loyal fan base around the head from time to time. Conversely, if i was new into this hobby and not the old tired & bewildered sceptic i've become, its actually exciting times to be a collector...

I think the question is still a bit premature. We've only got 1 T-800 so far, and only a handful of us here has actually seen/own it in hand, most of us have only seen PFs quality for 1/4 scale.

I think the detail wise, 1/4 poseable figures offers more realism and details, from what I see in the T-800 by Enterbay. And I can see myself moving towards this and selling off my 1/6 scale.

I've already sold my T-800 T2 HT to upgrade it into the EB 1/4 T-800btw, and I'm glad I did.

No I don't think so. Space and cost is the determining factor in it.

Yeah, but at least for me its not. As I still have lots of empty space on my display :lol

Plus, from selling my HT T-800 at $323 and buy the EB 1/4 at $322 I didnt have to chip in, in fact I made $1 more:rotfl

1/6 for the win, peppered with the occasional 1/4 when a piece truly befits it. I.e: 1/4 HT Predator.

Like Hydeous, I think it is too soon to say, but 1/4 scale articulated figures feel like more of a fad to me. Seems that Hot Toys is only doing it as escalation to better run Enterbay into the ground, otherwise it would be an Enterbay only thing and wouldn't be getting too much attention. There is a pretty rich history of 1/6th scale collecting (going back to GI Joes and Barbies) in part because I think it is a size of collectible that we intuitively like and know what to do with. 1/4 scale is, like Devilof76 says, a bit clunkier for action figures, will be much more expensive, and will take up so much more space. I think they will be reasonably popular, but that they will appeal to more of a niche audience, similar to 1/4 scale statues.

That being said, I really hope HT is still doing these by the time Avengers 2 comes around. Because a larger Giant Man (1/4 scale of his normal height :D ) would be great.

Back