1/4 vs 1/6 figures (not statues)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1/4 the new 1/6

• Total voters

Gary23

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is 1/4 the new 1/6? As a die hard 1/6 fan I’m alittle bias on this one, just thinking what’s going on with the1/4 scale increase over the past year and forthcoming releases. What does everybody want and why?

Re: Is 1/4 the new 1/6!

I think as a collector grows the need is for ultimate detail, I think 1:1 is what we are all truly wanting & budget is the deciding factor.
For me I'm 1;6 & when the urge for more detail comes I get 1:1 pieces for not much more then Pf's go for, 1/4 has an increasing following no doubt

I believe that most collectors who have been collecting figures in 1/6 scale will continue to do so, in order for their pieces to have a consistent size when displayed. But, it's nice to see that Hot Toys and Enterbay have expanded the scale to include 1/4 figures as well.

Personally, I'd love to see a 1/4 Metal Gear Solid figure from Hot Toys. I'm not sure of the chances of something like that happening, but I can dream! :lecture

I think as a collector grows the need is for ultimate detail, I think 1:1 is what we are all truly wanting & budget is the deciding factor.

No. Perhaps that's what interests you, and you only buy out of budget concerns, but I'm quite the majority of those buying 1/6 in some part appreciate it for its miniscule size - that its size, and what comes from something being reduced like that, is a good part of the appeal. To think people buying 1/6 actually want 1/1 "ultimate detail" is, it seems to me, like thinking a man who has a model railway really just wants to own a train and a tunnel.

No. Perhaps that's what interests you, and you only buy out of budget concerns, but I'm quite the majority of those buying 1/6 in some part appreciate it for its miniscule size - that its size, and what comes from something being reduced like that, is a good part of the appeal. To think people buying 1/6 actually want 1/1 "ultimate detail" is, it seems to me, like thinking a man who has a model railway really just wants to own a train.

Well, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd love to own a 1:1 scale Gundam figure (or an actual Gundam), and put it in a back yard. I'm actually serious about that. Man.. I'd even move from my apartment and live in the cockpit :monkey1.

Definitely 1/6th for me! :rock :rock

I have no plans whatsoever to buy 1/4th scale figures! :lecture

I'd rather have all of my 1/6 figures than the same figures in 1/4.

Same here.

I'm getting into DC in 1:4 scale, but it's because I want static dramatizations of those characters. If I wanted them to be posable, I'd want them 1:6 scale.

Well, I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'd love to own a 1:1 scale Gundam figure (or an actual Gundam), and put it in a back yard. I'm actually serious about that. Man.. I'd even move from my apartment and live in the cockpit :monkey1.

Nice. Gundam :rock

gundam-lifesize-japan.jpg

1/6th over here. For me it's the perfect size where I can display a ton of highly detailed figures.

I like 1/4 scale mostly but I have been getting into 1/6th scale recently. :D

I think statues and stuff are great for 1/4th, but for figures I think 1/6th is the perfect scale!

I hope HT keeps 1/6th their main thing!

Last edited:

1/4 or 1/6 i don't mind as long it's a great articulated figure.
I like both.
I love the holy scifi trinity Alien Terminator Robocop but got in the collecting game late because i never liked statues nor the littles figures who were not as accurate as i wanted them to be.
The day i saw the pictures of the HT T800 T2 arnold, i was like "no way this the actual product just a nice proto" oh boy i was wrong.
Then i was hooked ^^
So as long as its articulated, that i like it and i can't afford it i'm sold 1/4 or 1/6.

ENTERBAY led the way with their superb T800 wich has a pretty ok price for what it is.
But i doubt HT will keep the prices low, the recent 1/6 just keep on getting more and more expensives, the 1/4 will be the same but they will already start around 300.
Don't think i'm willing to enter that game.
Yet again if a great figure comme along and its only available in 1/4 i'll be in tight spot...

Last edited:
Back