1/4 Superman New 52 Justice League - Prime 1 Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to like this one as well but wasn't impressed when I saw it at SDCC. It's one of those statues that'd I'd buy at a discount at some point just because it's Superman but it's not a preorder piece for me.

The head sculpt is definitely an improvement over what they had. I like the metallic paints on the suit as well. This will be a tough one. Probably will depend on the price.

Why take a license just because it's available? Their is a reason Sideshow did not go after new 52 look. That's one of their smarter moves I must say, instant shelf warmer. Hell, most dc premium format figures are still available counting exclusive. Except Afleck exclusive that waitlisted and I went on it.

Portrait looks great but from that angle, looks like he's just chillin on the rubble

And so is DC.

I don't understand why they went after the "New 52" license, right as it goes out the door... odd...

Agreed. New52 is over and Rebirth started a few months ago. They should've opted form that since the main character designs were shown way in advance of the beginning of Rebirth

And so is DC.

I don't understand why they went after the "New 52" license, right as it goes out the door... odd...

I didnt mind New 52...but they got screwed as DC ditched New 52 for Rebirth and now Prime 1 is stuck with it. Not too many people are going to line up for character designs that lasted a couple of years.

But at least the Jim Lee Superman looks amazing

I guess I'm in the minority but I like it. I also have always liked the New 52 suit. I will po this guy. I just hope they do the entire JL especially Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I loved their New 52 looks.

From prime one facebook
Superman: But you can take it, can't ya, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am!

Prime1 New 52 1/4 scale Superman. Change in the head's sculpt and paint job.
View attachment 295016

I think the groves in his suit is too deep. The deep groves make his suit look padded. And Superman doesn't need any padding in his suit. IMO anyway.

Not from what I remember:

Jim_Lee_Superman.jpg

Here the groves are thinner and more shallow.

From prime one facebook
Superman: But you can take it, can't ya, big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut loose, and show you just how powerful I really am!

Prime1 New 52 1/4 scale Superman. Change in the head's sculpt and paint job.
View attachment 295016

Why are they quoting Justice League Unlimited in a post about the New 52 Superman?:lol I still say the smart play would be to scrap the New 52 stuff and go for Rebirth as fast as you can. It's hot, literally no one else has any products based on those designs, yet (outside of that Icons 7-pack DCC is doing, but that's not even in the same stratosphere, as far as collectibles go, and, perhaps, most importantly, DC hasn't managed to **** it up yet. Get your stuff out there while there's still god will to be had.

I'm not interested in these (except possibly a Martian Manhunter, his N52 costume looks great imho), but I think they can sell. Quite easily too, if they keep the ES limited - like 1500 total (1000 Reg + 500 EX).
They're still very popular characters and Superman is really the only one whose costume is a big departure from his classic versions - all the others are really just more modern versions, I don't see that much difference in Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, just to mention a few.

Back