Action Figure 1/4 Scale Arkham Knight Batman NECA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys! I'm currently uploading the pictures of my AK Batman on Photobucket -- will be posting a lot of photos :) I'm really impressed by this figure! Here are my thoughts on the figure:

- FANTASTIC SCULPT. It looks like Batman jumped off the screen from the game. Only nitpicks with regards to sculpting are 1. the neck (should be longer, but can easily be modified), and 2. NECA missed one RIVET/SCREW on the chest armor, Batman's upper left chest. Couldn't have fallen off as it's sculpted on the chest plate, so I checked pictures from the ToyArk review and yup, it's missing. Wouldn't notice it if I didn't weather the armor.

- Love all the articulated accessories!

- Great articulation. Figure is also well-balanced and can effortlessly stand well on its own (Arkham Origins Batman needs good feet stance to stand, AK Batman can stand on any feet position). Ratchet joints on limbs are also well-designed and not too tight. Love the rotator-cuff joints adjoining the shoulder and chest :)

EDIT: Even with the neck extended, head can only move so much. Not really digging the upper chest movement but the mid-torso joint for rotation and ab crunch is very good.

- Paint on the body is good, but I wish NECA didn't bother to add weathering effects and just kept it clean. Mine's face was darker than in some pics I saw, possibly due to the thin layer of skintone paint over the black plastic head. Some parts that are supposed to be grey were painted black and vice-versa, but these are on smaller details making them not much of a big deal.

-Cape is decent, cotton fabric similar to the stock AO Batman Cape, but better in terms of size as it can be spread like wings. Can be futzed to look better.

Overall a solid release from NECA! Pictures to follow soon!

Here are the pictures. With little time and effort I'd say this piece can look like a high-end figure. A quick list of my modifications:

- added weathering on the armor, gauntlets, boots and cowl.
- repainted the face with lighter skintone, added light splatters of red, brown and blue. Didn't bother to get rid of the doll dot on the eyes as they are too small unlike AO's.
- repainted the belt, buckle, tubes and pockets with metallic gold.
- after sealing the weathering effects with semi-gloss varnish, I applied Sculpey gloss glaze on the bat-emblem, pauldrons, and the rest of the parts that are supposed to have carbon-fiber details, giving it a brushed metal look :)
- glued the chest to the mid-torso to close the gap, looks better IMO.
- lengthened the neck by adding rubber padding at the bottom of the neck post (about half an inch thick), then permanently glued the neck post on the body.

Strongly considering replacing the cape with a heavier fabric that would drape well. I won't bother replicating the multi-texture design in the game, I just want one that would drape much better. Anyway, here are the pictures, and I hope you guys like 'em!

AKa_zpsswcan0ex.jpg

AKb_zpsfhihphpe.jpg

AKc_zpsol9ifhen.jpg

AKd_zpsgnccmkkt.jpg

AK01_zpsccp4gfqc.jpg

AK02_zpseh7y0psr.jpg

AK03_zps4wkwxlhc.jpg

AK05_zpsalum9hux.jpg

AK06_zps5sjvjyu8.jpg

AK04_zpsakdhdqha.jpg

AK07_zps8mbtdpzg.jpg

With NECA's Arkham Origins Batman

AOAK01_zpsrfj5moyf.jpg

AOAK02_zpsbguzavb1.jpg

AOAK03_zpsaoslgiq2.jpg

Amazing job , Michael. I don't have your skill to repaint / mod mine when I receive it, so mine will have to displayed as 'new suit' version from the beginning of the game, rather than your fabulous 'battle damaged' version. Again, top work, my friend ;)

Amazing job , Michael. I don't have your skill to repaint / mod mine when I receive it, so mine will have to displayed as 'new suit' version from the beginning of the game, rather than your fabulous 'battle damaged' version. Again, top work, my friend ;)

Thanks, buddy! I appreciate it! No worries -- this figures looks great out of the box! Would surely look great on display without any modifications!

That weathering looks FANTASTIC, the proportions of the figure is amazing. Totally like he jumped out right out the game.

Great pics. I'm so excited to receive mine, although it's going to be at least another two weeks before it hits my UK supplier [emoji24] Neca look to have truly delivered on this. I always thought of them more of a 'toy' company rather than a high-end collectables manufacturer. But this release shows they can take on the 'big boys' and produce a fantastic product at an amazing price point. They certainly have a new fan here! [emoji2]

Where did you order from mate?

Thanks for the kind words, fellas! This figure is a real bang-for-the-buck release from NECA. A great alternative representation of the character and the suit for those who can't or choose not to spend $800 more :)

I love how NECA executed the cut on the thighs-hips area. It's almost seamless!

I was cleaning my shelves earlier so I took the chance to have a group shot of my 1/4 scale Batmen. NECA's improved a lot that they don't look like $100 figures even next to EB and HT releases, IMO.

Bring on Armored Batfleck in glorious quarter scale, NECA!

QSBatmen02_zpswfgvfopd.jpg

QSBatmen01_zpsbaonqkwb.jpg

I was cleaning my shelves earlier so I took the chance to have a group shot of my 1/4 scale Batmen. NECA's improved a lot that they don't look like $100 figures even next to EB and HT releases, IMO.

Wow! Nice shot!

Wow, I am really considering getting this figure. I've been a little snobbish I suppose and haven't ever considered neca stuff worth getting but these shots have changed my mind.

Ordering him later today from BBTS. Might just hold him in my pile of loot till a few more items start to come in.

Neca real holds their own next to ht's and Enterbay's bats. Can not wait for neca's begins bats to be released since I don't have Enterbay's bats. Awesome display BTW.

The paint looks great Heubert. Would you be willing to explain or show how to extend the neck on this guy? I've never done something like that before, but I'd like to do it on my Arkham Knight Batman.

Neca real holds their own next to ht's and Enterbay's bats. Can not wait for neca's begins bats to be released since I don't have Enterbay's bats. Awesome display BTW.

That's true -- NECA's getting better at making these 18-inchers. Their Batman and Jaegers in particular are fantastic and well-sculpted.

The paint looks great Heubert. Would you be willing to explain or show how to extend the neck on this guy? I've never done something like that before, but I'd like to do it on my Arkham Knight Batman.

Thanks man! And sure, I just wish I took photos of the process. Anyway, AK Bats' neck is DOUBLE-JOINTED. It's a neck post which has its bottom part connected to the body by a barbell peg, and the top to the head by the same kind of peg. It's unlike AO's neck which is single-jointed, i.e., neck is attached to the body. AK Batman's neck post is similar to those HT necks that are separate from the head and body :)

I applied heat on the neck using a hairdryer, wrapped it with fabric, then pulled it using pliers. I added about half an inch of rubber to the lower part of the neck post, then glued it permanently to the body using epoxy resin that dries clear. I sacrificed lower neck movement for aesthetics. (I'm not sure how Tony Mei did it, and if his mod still allows movement on the base of the neck) The neck socket on the body is deep and well-hidden by the suit's collar that even a half-inch extension to the neck post still can't be seen once the neck is back on. I hope this helps! :)

Back