1/4 Hot Toys QS07 Iron Man 3: Iron Man Mark XLII Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip Eric, worked like a charm. Took the main blobs off and did the one on the abs too. Ridiculous that it was even necessary but at least its fixable. I'll get some better pics later but here's a quick one with my phone

QHBruSj.jpg

Those are staying in the box, the lightly scuffed version is the look I want. Proper BD would require painting up the whole thing to match the parts, which I'll never do, and I like this look better anyway.

Not really sure the thigh lights are useful, heh. Can barely see them through the cracks.

IKX3eRe.jpg

bFqFcJr.jpg

I picked mine up today. rocbolt, yours looks really good, especially since you are going for the lightly damaged look.
I've got mine with the damaged parts on, so I'm going to leave the black marks on mine.

Attachments

• 100_3779 (2).JPG
    100_3779 (2).JPG
    635.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 100_3780 (2).JPG
    100_3780 (2).JPG
    696.2 KB · Views: 362
  • 100_3781.JPG
    100_3781.JPG
    778.7 KB · Views: 362
  • 100_3778 (2).JPG
    100_3778 (2).JPG
    1,007.1 KB · Views: 366
r3jYA1.jpg

7qY2la.jpg

I love this piece. One of my best. I cant display with his deluxe base but evet with this base its perfect for me :yess:

Damn .... wasn't planning on making a decision on this anytime soon but it's now showing up as being low stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r3jYA1.jpg

7qY2la.jpg

I love this piece. One of my best. I cant display with his deluxe base but evet with this base its perfect for me :yess:

Just noticed the 42 has thinner wrists than the 43, is the hand pushed as far back as it can? I thought these were the exact same armours just different scheme for colour?

Hi, thanks for sharing the method. I will be picking up this item soon and I am too very annoyed by the paint blotches which is making me consider if I should use this method as well. May I ask if there is any slight form of gold paint coming off at all? I'm quite afraid to try it as it's a really expensive piece for me and I don't want to risk ruining the figure for the long run if it's a risky move to make. Will 70% rubbing alcohol do the job just fine too? Thanks.

Hi, thanks for sharing the method. I will be picking up this item soon and I am too very annoyed by the paint blotches which is making me consider if I should use this method as well. May I ask if there is any slight form of gold paint coming off at all? I'm quite afraid to try it as it's a really expensive piece for me and I don't want to risk ruining the figure for the long run if it's a risky move to make. Will 70% rubbing alcohol do the job just fine too? Thanks.

Takes longer with 70% but it will have the same result. Just test it on an area where it's not highly visible first. Use light pressure when you wipe and only a little bit

It comes off really slowly, if you take your time and keep you rubbing light and localized you should be ok. I went really hard on the scorch mark on the top of the foot just for test and experimentation, if you keep going you will start to lightly remove the darker gold and leave a lighter more silvery one behind. But unless it is under a bright spotlight you still cannot notice it though. There are other marks on the back shoulder and side of the leg that you might experiment with too. Use lots of light when you are doing this and you can see if anything starts to come off too much way before it would be noticeable under normal light.

The alcohol can leave a white residue as well if you are using a lot. What I did was keep a q-tip that had just water on it to periodically clean up and dry it with another. I actually used these flat cotton things marketed as makeup removers, folded to a flat edge. Just more surface area to refold and use than a q-tip, they're cheap and handy for painting and cleaning-

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Swisspers-Supreme-Cotton-Rounds-80ct/10451395

Keep the alcohol away form the red though, not so much on the chest maybe, but on the side of the foot for example it will come off a lot faster than anything else (oops, you can't see it though).

I used 91% as well as that is what I already had, but I imagine 70% would just take more time

Back