1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks. I managed to play with him a bit.
I personally pretty cautious with the shoulder pad when moving his shoulder up as it often clash with the shoulder

Yeah you always have to be a little bit careful. I ought to remind myself of that while I'm knocking my figures over... I'm never going to be able to sell any of them on with the way I look after them :lol

Ah well, they are toys at the end of the day.

I caved and bought this yesterday. No regrets, it's a beautiful piece and now I'm moving my collection to be primarily 1/4.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I haven't had time to stop and give this a proper review since getting it a couple of days ago, but wow this thing is awesome!! First impression - it is huge! I looked through countless pictures prior to ordering this in an effort to get a grasp on the overall size of this figure, but pics don't quite seem to do it justice. It's a tall one for sure, but that's what I like about it! The paint job is incredible and proportions blow the 1/6th version out of the water (and I'm still a fan of the 1/6th).

This may seem minor but the one thing that I am particularly impressed with is the shoulder pads. You can maneuver the arms however you want and still adjust the shoulder pads so that there aren't gaps like the 1/6th. I have to say, this really is some fine work by Hot Toys. I'll post some pictures soon when I have a bit of time.

One final thought, and I'm excited about this - it has not ruined my 1/6th IM figures for me. I was very fearful that I would no longer like the 1/6ths after marveling over this quarter scale (and the 1/4th is leaps and bounds cooler), but I really do still love staring at the other IM figures in my collection. No immediate plans to sell my 1/6ths anytime soon, but I'm sure acquiring more 1/4ths is on the horizon!

Caved and bought this from a friend today; I'm going to have a hell of a time lugging the box around on the bus back home, but it's worth it. Incredible. I'd talked about getting this with another friend, who I'm currently staying with, and she couldn't see the appeal—changed her mind right away when we unboxed it :wink1:

I just got the figure in and there is an issue with the right armor shoulder piece. I spoke with sideshow customer service and they are going to look into it and see if the entire figure needs to be replaced or just the arm. It doesn't sit flush and it's loose and floppy.

stark.jpg

Back