1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, removing the entire lower arm (forearm) from the biceps section, which left a hollow bicep section, the forearm section itself is connected to a thin plastic section which inserts onto the bicep section. didnt snap any photos of this since i returned it in place with no issues^^ just want confirmation that its normal that this part detaches or if maybe i have broken something inside in the process.

Well it sounds like you may have broke something. Without seeing it hard to be sure. But it should not have the entire forearm removed from the upper arm. At least not normally.

They do come apart but it's not something that should be done unless you have a specific reason. Nothing should be pulled off or apart that's not explained in the instructions, let's put it that way.

hehe that'd be a bummer, i havent seen it detach in any of the available video reviews so far, otherwise i wouldnt be asking, the thing is it snapped back in place just as easily and just as securely so heres hoping that i didn't break anything^^ thanks by the way for the responses.

No problem. The figures are modular designs. They are engineered to be snapped together. So it's possible it just un snapped. But with the electronics in this one is be very careful about that. You can take it completly apart really. But unless you are very comfy doing it I wouldn't recommend it.

The limbs shouldn't be taken apart, aside from the battery section areas. I've not taken one of these 1/4s apart yet so I don't know exactly how or what may have happened. But I'd try to not do it again. Lol

For those who have ordered through Sideshow and have received their order already, did anyone notice previous glue markings on the shipper showing someone removing shipping labels. My box looks like someone removed a label from the top and sides. The smaller Square is when UPS actually receives the shipment and tags it with more info about the destination so this wasn't an issue where Sideshow placed a shipping label on it a couple times and ripped off. If that were the case the small rectangle would not be there.

I also noticed there is two pieces of tape on the front of the box whereas the back only has one which looks like it was from factory.

I have not opened it yet, I could care less about the shipper, but my concern is I received someones Return. I have already reached out to Sideshow already waiting for a reply.

Does anyone feel the way I do as we pay the retail price for these pieces, but then Sideshow doesn't care enough to give us New products. If this was BBTS or another etailer they sell their returns as Substandard. When I click on the button to buy I know all that is left in stock is sub standard product which could be a return. I'm agreeing to that. With Sideshow if I click Pre order I'm assuming that I will get a Factory fresh item.

I will report back once SideShow replies, maybe this was a mistake, or maybe they just dont understand that we are the ones paying their paychecks, without the collector community they would be out of business.

View attachment 246569

I don't envy Sdieshow. They have to deal with all kinds of people....

Anyone have the little crotch section (little plastic strip that runs front to back) under crotch fall off? Not a big deal...easy enough to glue back into place and it stays in place pretty well even without glue. Just wandering if anyone else experienced this??

I have probably exasperated the issue by making my crotch stick a little sticky with electrical tape....

You guys would have to be talking about pieces falling off the same day my figure is supposed to be delivered. Sheesh.

Omg I just opened him up this piece is outstanding. The detail the paint apps outstanding wow!!! Don't need the 1/6 43 anymore lol.
0c3572ce4217395548a49d06cbf98075.jpg

How about some 'low profile' poses....I have about 16.5" in height I need to 'squeeze' him into....lol.

Just opened mine and I need to check to see if anyone else has the same issue I do. The shoulder pivot that allows the extended shoulder movement (40 degrees forward) seems very loose on the right shoulder. On the left arm there is good resistance and it stays in place but the right arm will extend out with gravity. Am i being too picky or should I deal with it?

I vote for deal with it. It will continue to get looser over time and will be flopping back and forth eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just opened mine and I need to check to see if anyone else has the same issue I do. The shoulder pivot that allows the extended shoulder movement (40 degrees forward) seems very loose on the right shoulder. On the left arm there is good resistance and it stays in place but the right arm will extend out with gravity. Am i being too picky or should I deal with it?

Same here. So far doesn't seem to hinder anything but I've been treating it like a delicate flower though.

Got mine last night. Didn't open it until early this morning. The left shoulder armor was loose in the box and fell out as soon as I opened it. Reattached with no problem. Haven't put in any batteries or played with flaps out accessories except the head sculpt.

Here's some cell phone pics.

57c40599700beb5f13195c01ef1b7595.jpg

3d74b22a22e62a18af8a750025ed3eb5.jpg

4fd7af56113977ecf7fd3fbb8b7ce716.jpg

8b69aab8f106bfaaa2ef2c7b9053f9a1.jpg

Yeah, this is pretty awesome. Just the presence of the figure was impressive as soon as I opened the box. The neck armor was ridiculously tight, so much so I was worried it might break when taking it off. As much as I want to see the light up features, installing and removing the batteries is my major pet peeve with Iron Man figures so I'll leave them out for now.

I might not have ever bought this if weren't for the deal I got. 20% off list price baby! With shipping I ended up paying $488.31. What you have to do to get the deal is use the Midtown Comics app. You get 20% off your first purchase using the app but it only works on full price items.

Back