1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree 100% lotus. The expectation should be that you are paying for a new, unopened, MIB item. Hopefully it's just a reused shipper and the actual figure is unopened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have ordered through Sideshow and have received their order already, did anyone notice previous glue markings on the shipper showing someone removing shipping labels. My box looks like someone removed a label from the top and sides. The smaller Square is when UPS actually receives the shipment and tags it with more info about the destination so this wasn't an issue where Sideshow placed a shipping label on it a couple times and ripped off. If that were the case the small rectangle would not be there.

I also noticed there is two pieces of tape on the front of the box whereas the back only has one which looks like it was from factory.

I have not opened it yet, I could care less about the shipper, but my concern is I received someones Return. I have already reached out to Sideshow already waiting for a reply.

Does anyone feel the way I do as we pay the retail price for these pieces, but then Sideshow doesn't care enough to give us New products. If this was BBTS or another etailer they sell their returns as Substandard. When I click on the button to buy I know all that is left in stock is sub standard product which could be a return. I'm agreeing to that. With Sideshow if I click Pre order I'm assuming that I will get a Factory fresh item.

I will report back once SideShow replies, maybe this was a mistake, or maybe they just dont understand that we are the ones paying their paychecks, without the collector community they would be out of business.

View attachment 246569

That's the way my thanos figure came. Box was completely mangled. Email sideshow about it 2 weeks ago and I got nothing. 2016-02-05 19.20.56.jpg

That's the way my thanos figure came. Box was completely mangled. Email sideshow about it 2 weeks ago and I got nothing.View attachment 246597

Interesting, yeah I dont care what the brown box looks like, but I was pointing out shipping labels being removed from the box esepcially the smaller UPS processing lable which are attached once at the local UPS hub.

Your Thanos box looks like labels have been cut and torn off too. Please note my actual shipping label is on the back of my box and I didn't show it in my pic but its fresh and has not been tampered with.

I wonder if anyone else that received Mark 43 has had labels removed from the box and tape cut? Just trying to figure out if Sideshow is not receiving them on a pallet where they would be all fresh , or are they receiving them individually and they are removing the original shipping labels to their warehouse and inspecting contents before placing the new customer shipping label on them.

Do you want to know about the shipper specifically from people that ordered from Sideshow? I have one on order from somewhere else.

Do you want to know about the shipper specifically from people that ordered from Sideshow? I have one on order from somewhere else.

Thanos arrives to sideshow in a larger box that contains two figures.

Thanks guys for the reply. Yes I wanted to know for anyone receiving their Mark 43 from Sideshow directly. They have not responded to my email and pics I sent to them yet, but it's only been a day. Like I said I dont care about the Shipper box itself. I care about if the contents inside were from someone else s home and returned to Sideshow and sideshow shipping it back out to me after inspection.

In the case of Chiefrocka's Thanos, Motuxmen has noted that Thanos comes 2 per case. So if Sideshow is receiving the case of two and then placing a label on to ship to end user. There is no reason to have all those label cut marks and label tears on his box.

Motuxmen,
Do you know if Sideshow gets each Mark 43 individually, or on a pallet?

Appreciate the help guys as Sideshow has not replied yet.

Thanks guys for the reply. Yes I wanted to know for anyone receiving their Mark 43 from Sideshow directly. They have not responded to my email and pics I sent to them yet, but it's only been a day. Like I said I dont care about the Shipper box itself. I care about if the contents inside were from someone else s home and returned to Sideshow and sideshow shipping it back out to me after inspection.

In the case of Chiefrocka's Thanos, Motuxmen has noted that Thanos comes 2 per case. So if Sideshow is receiving the case of two and then placing a label on to ship to end user. There is no reason to have all those label cut marks and label tears on his box.

Motuxmen,

Um, I can't recall off the top of my head. I'll ask.

Motuxmen,

Lotus, my local comic store got two of these figures. He received them in larger case that contained them both, and they were in their individual brown shipper boxes.

hello guys, newbie memner and usually just a casual observer of this forum^^ i also just recieved my mark 43 1/4 last week and i have just one question, i was fiddling with the forearm and it suddenly detatched from the biceps section leaving an empty hollow bicep section, im guessing this is a normal feature since it attached right back perfectly after i returned it to place but i just want to make sure^^.

Lotus, my local comic store got two of these figures. He received them in larger case that contained them both, and they were in their individual brown shipper boxes.

Thank you, if that is how Sideshow is receiving their shipments as well, then there is no reason for my box to look the way it does with all the extra labels that were removed, and the factory tape being cut with a second piece of tape placed on it. It just looks like mine was a return to Sideshow and they inspected and send back out. I still have had no response to my email to Sideshow.

IMG_3948.jpg

If there's no actual issue with the figure then there's not much they can do. As for why the box looks that way...there's all kinds of things that could happen. For all you know the original shipper was damaged or got wet or whatever and they just replaced it with one they had. And the small cut off section doesn't mean it was a label, at least not for sure. It wouldn't have been the sideshow one. They don't place it there.

I'm curious what you expect to happen. You said you don't care about the shipper. And they won't just send you another figure if there's nothing broken.

checked the instructions again *motuxmen and it doesnt show the forearm detaching.

I'm not sure what part your talking about. Are you talking about removing the entire lower arm from the upper arm? Or just a piece of the forearm?

Back