1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so happy to have this figure. One of my holy grails, no question about it.

And JazzInc, that custom is ridiculous! Great work man.

Loving the base, Roberto!

I'm trying to not pose it entirely over the base, this way it looks better :)
Still, I like the base very much.

Iron Man Mark 43.jpg

Great photos everyone. Apart from a few snapshots when I first opened it, I haven't got round to taking any photos of mine. There's just so much to do with it, I haven't used even half the accessories yet, and I've only swapped heads a couple of times. To be honest I spend most of my spare time just looking at it :lol

I think I might have a world first. I figured out a way to put the face in the helmet so didn't have to choose between them.

But that's not the first: the cool part is that I figured out how to retain the light up function in the mask

More later. Not done yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455544914.137538.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455544950.758054.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished project and then I can't wait for you to finish mine! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No i built a metal rod in the lower leg that slides in a metal tube I built into the base

Congrats on those that have this amazing figure in their collection. I always had high hopes that this first 1/4 Scale Iron Man MK43 Figure would become one of the best Iron Man Collectibles to date and I include statues in that bracket too. Really enjoying all the awesome pics from you guys too. However, if there was one part of this Hot Toys figure that I'd change then as I think it's the base! :( whilst it's packed with details featuring the dismembered body of one of Ultrons drones and some nicely painted rocks, the way it's all put together leaves you limited as to how you can display the actual figure which is a massive bummer! So I decided to take the base apart and have made by own custom base :) Feel free to check out more pics on my Instagram page @robertobagg10collection

62d862467752a7fabd4fe2cc1fc94019.jpg

Really nice work on the base, congrats. No need for the @$$pipe either, which is a plus. Seeing that thing on a $500+ figure really isn't a pretty sight. :D

So they give you what may be the coolest figure hot toys has ever made, and they make you choose between a Tony Stark head or a light-up helmet, "and I say, is it too much to ask for both?"

I think I have a world first, where I figured out not only how to put the Tony Stark head sculpt into a helmet, which has been done before, but to be able to lower the visor and have light up in the same helmet, so now I can just lift up the mask and see tony.

[emoji16]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455568717.359852.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455568728.726188.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455568740.277315.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455568754.412331.jpg

So they give you what may be the coolest figure hot toys has ever made, and they make you choose between a Tony Stark head or a light-up helmet, "and I say, is it too much to ask for both?"

I think I have a world first, where I figured out not only how to put the Tony Stark head sculpt into a helmet, which has been done before, but to be able to lower the visor and have light up in the same helmet, so now I can just lift up the mask and see tony.

[emoji16]

View attachment 246178
View attachment 246179
View attachment 246180
View attachment 246181
That's truly amazing work. Did you get a spare figure in case this didn't work out as planned?

[emoji16]
Great customization all around Jazz! Hope the Mark 42 comes with that head set up by default. I managed to grab a second helmet and sculpt for this figure though so I might attempt do the same, minus the light up.

How did you manage to do that with the sculpt inside?

Last edited:
Wow...Just got mine in today and I have to say it is very impressive. Now I'm hoping Hot Toys makes a 1/4 scale Thor to go with him

That's truly amazing work. Did you get a spare figure in case this didn't work out as planned?

No. Most things can be fixed. Just go easy and slowly.

Great customization all around Jazz! Hope the Mark 42 comes with that head set up by default. I managed to grab a second helmet and sculpt for this figure though so I might attempt do the same, minus the light up.

How did you manage to do that with the sculpt inside?

Magnets and cutting down the LEDs bulb

^^ this. I like to know as well. This is maybe hot toys best headsculpt to date. I couldn't image taking a knife to it unless I bought a spare. Nevertheless, amazing work jazz!

Thanks man, but if you go slowly, and keep test fitting, you should be fine. Get a cordless dremel. That's the best tool for the job. I only used a knife for minor tweaking.

[emoji16]

View attachment 246178
View attachment 246179
View attachment 246180
View attachment 246181

Wow, that is an awesome display.

For those who have ordered through Sideshow and have received their order already, did anyone notice previous glue markings on the shipper showing someone removing shipping labels. My box looks like someone removed a label from the top and sides. The smaller Square is when UPS actually receives the shipment and tags it with more info about the destination so this wasn't an issue where Sideshow placed a shipping label on it a couple times and ripped off. If that were the case the small rectangle would not be there.

I also noticed there is two pieces of tape on the front of the box whereas the back only has one which looks like it was from factory.

I have not opened it yet, I could care less about the shipper, but my concern is I received someones Return. I have already reached out to Sideshow already waiting for a reply.

Does anyone feel the way I do as we pay the retail price for these pieces, but then Sideshow doesn't care enough to give us New products. If this was BBTS or another etailer they sell their returns as Substandard. When I click on the button to buy I know all that is left in stock is sub standard product which could be a return. I'm agreeing to that. With Sideshow if I click Pre order I'm assuming that I will get a Factory fresh item.

I will report back once SideShow replies, maybe this was a mistake, or maybe they just dont understand that we are the ones paying their paychecks, without the collector community they would be out of business.

IMG_3948.jpg

Back