1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to move on from figures to 1/4 statues, unfortunately for MCU IM that isn't working out well. HT will most likely be the best alternative if they make a favorite armor. I'd love it if they did a Mark I.

I think for 1/4 they will go into past armors after marks 45 and 42 are released. I'm betting they won't do one for the Civil War armor and release that as a life size.

Got into these figures real late in the game. Got the 1/6 mark 43 a month ago and decided I just had to have the 1/4 one too! To date it is my favorite mark. Already have a delivery date from UPS and I can't wait. After seeing the countless pics of the 1/4 o can't unsee the huge gaps in the shoulders of my 1/6 (still beautiful figure by the way). Personally I'm not a fan of the 45 only because it felt forced on me in AOU. All the other armors had a reason to be upgraded, but the 45 felt like "let's change the armor for no reason, just cuz people like new and shiney". Still a beautiful armor no doubt, but there was nothing that really set it apart to me.

Got into these figures real late in the game. Got the 1/6 mark 43 a month ago and decided I just had to have the 1/4 one too! To date it is my favorite mark. Already have a delivery date from UPS and I can't wait. After seeing the countless pics of the 1/4 o can't unsee the huge gaps in the shoulders of my 1/6 (still beautiful figure by the way). Personally I'm not a fan of the 45 only because it felt forced on me in AOU. All the other armors had a reason to be upgraded, but the 45 felt like "let's change the armor for no reason, just cuz people like new and shiney". Still a beautiful armor no doubt, but there was nothing that really set it apart to me.

Really? All the others Had a reason? Lol the 43 was beat to hell with the 44 by the strongest thing in the movies (hulk). Seems like a pretty good reason to upgrade

Except that you're only left to assume that the 43 is damaged, that is never shown or mentioned. And no part of the design of the 45 is explained or justified in any way. Is it an unfinished prototype? If so, how does that handicap it? It seems hyper powerful and not limited in any way that we see, so why was that not the go to armor in the first place? The physical design is a huge departure from 44 suits before it, why? Was that the only other armor Stark had in the wings, if so why just that one? One or two lines of dialogue would have helped make the 45 seem like anything more than another toy opportunity, or a "oh crap we forgot we have to lead into the bleeding edge stuff"

Except that you're only left to assume that the 43 is damaged, that is never shown or mentioned. And no part of the design of the 45 is explained or justified in any way. Is it an unfinished prototype? If so, how does that handicap it? It seems hyper powerful and not limited in any way that we see, so why was that not the go to armor in the first place? The physical design is a huge departure from 44 suits before it, why? Was that the only other armor Stark had in the wings, if so why just that one? One or two lines of dialogue would have helped make the 45 seem like anything more than another toy opportunity, or a "oh crap we forgot we have to lead into the bleeding edge stuff"

I can't argue with anything you said.

But to the original statement about all the other armors, I have to disagree. There was no reason for a Mark VI in Iron Man 2. They just gave him a suit with a triangle shape to match the vibranium in his new arc reactor. I love the armor now, but I remember being ticked off about that after seeing the movie.

And then there's the HPP.[emoji79]

I'll admit, not every single mark had a reason for its existence but most did. Mark ii was the first prototype, iii was final version of ii, iv was due to iii being beat to in IM1. Mark v was it's own purpose of being portable. Mark vi (I concede here, aside from New reactor, the mark iv was still good). The mark vii was cuz vi got ****ed up trying to restart the helicarrier propeller. Mark viii to xlii was for iron legion, yes it was a mass intro of suits but there was no "star" suit and for the most part were throw away suits. Xlii got self destructed which lead to xliii. Xliv got hulk smashed but it is up in the air if xliii was left intact, and considering his suit can protect his body, it's not far fetched to believe the xliv can protect the xliii inside. This leads to the mark xlv which (like Mark vi) just seemed like an easy attempt to wow the audience with shiney and new. Not being arguementative, just how I see it.

How many times do they have to explain that he has another suit in case one is damaged? Iron man 1,2,3 avengers...that seems sufficient time to have established a pattern. After 43 suits it shouldn't need to be explained.

And yes, they showed the 43 damaged. Not in as much detail maybe. But when he's inside the hulkbuster the HUD shots are of the 43. It gets damaged to the point that it can't even given a status report when asked. I'm not sure what more needs to be said or shown.

If you think after watching 42 other suits be destroyed that he wouldn't have at least a single back up suit you've missed the point of pretty much 4 films. The suits are tools, stark is the weapon. He's the army. The suits are interchangeable.

And if he's to continue to play with the big boys there's not scenario where he doesn't have a back up (or ten) suits for when the ones he's on is damaged. Every suit he fights in gets destroyed.

And they set the mk45 up as much as they did the 43. They didn't exactly explain or show anything with it. And out of all the previous suits, the 42 proved to be about the worst in battle ever. So out of all of them, why does it just get a new coat of paint and it's good to go? That's never happend before (even the mk6 got a new chest plate) but no one seems to think that's strange. And the whole argument that the 42 was a prototype and in the art of books it should have been better if done ect ect...that's not on screen. Doesn't count. The mk43 and mk45 had the same set up in Aou. In fact the 45 had more, we at least saw it on his design computer in a lab.

At some point they shouldn't have to continue explaining that he has more then one suit. After 42 suits, four plus movies..I think they explained it enough.

Why does it need to be justified? He's tony stark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think, by now, we all assume that this fictional character is constantly making suits of armor. I like the entertainment that an unveiling "suit up" provides. There might have even been one planned for AOU, but they cut it from the film for time...seems like there was more we didn't see.
Also... If there was any possibility that Ultron had downloaded a piece of himself into the MK 43 earlier in the film, the presence of the 45 (at the end) negates any questions of why Ultron didn't use that to turn the tide of the battle. I dunno...
Bottom line...we like the armors we like...for whatever reason.

I think I get your point. for me, every other armors until mark vii impressed me because I can see new improvements or new weaponry. iron man 3 armors were a joke to me.
hulkbuster was cool, but with mark 45, I can't find something unique with the weaponry or anything else except the design. Nevertheless, I believe hot toys will make another stunning 1/4 figure of it 😋

Congrats on those that have this amazing figure in their collection. I always had high hopes that this first 1/4 Scale Iron Man MK43 Figure would become one of the best Iron Man Collectibles to date and I include statues in that bracket too. Really enjoying all the awesome pics from you guys too. However, if there was one part of this Hot Toys figure that I'd change then as I think it's the base! :( whilst it's packed with details featuring the dismembered body of one of Ultrons drones and some nicely painted rocks, the way it's all put together leaves you limited as to how you can display the actual figure which is a massive bummer! So I decided to take the base apart and have made by own custom base :) Feel free to check out more pics on my Instagram page @robertobagg10collection

62d862467752a7fabd4fe2cc1fc94019.jpg

I am very happy to show you my latest project. It was more work than the death Star diorama from last month, but here is my custom quarter scale hot toys mark 43.

Everything is wired up, all seven compartments in legs, arms, head and chest are wired to one DC adapter.

There's a metal rod in his lower leg which allows me to do flight poses without a stand, and I did a new level of battle damage with cool metal honey comb and everything.

Opening up some of the armor with the battle damage allowed me to show the cool stuff underneath and have a single display option, so the next project will be to put the Robert Downey head sculpt inside the helmet without losing the light up function.

Please let me know what you think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455481801.187627.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455481813.097091.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455481822.814899.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455481832.149631.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455481841.685242.jpg

I am very happy to show you my latest project. It was more work than the death Star diorama from last month, but here is my custom quarter scale hot toys mark 43.

Everything is wired up, all seven compartments in legs, arms, head and chest are wired to one DC adapter.

There's a metal rod in his lower leg which allows me to do flight poses without a stand, and I did a new level of battle damage with cool metal honey comb and everything.

Opening up some of the armor with the battle damage allowed me to show the cool stuff underneath and have a single display option, so the next project will be to put the Robert Downey head sculpt inside the helmet without losing the light up function.

View attachment 245936
View attachment 245938
View attachment 245940
View attachment 245941
View attachment 245942

Dang man.. That is freakin amazing!

Congrats on those that have this amazing figure in their collection. I always had high hopes that this first 1/4 Scale Iron Man MK43 Figure would become one of the best Iron Man Collectibles to date and I include statues in that bracket too. Really enjoying all the awesome pics from you guys too. However, if there was one part of this Hot Toys figure that I'd change then as I think it's the base! :( whilst it's packed with details featuring the dismembered body of one of Ultrons drones and some nicely painted rocks, the way it's all put together leaves you limited as to how you can display the actual figure which is a massive bummer! So I decided to take the base apart and have made by own custom base :) Feel free to check out more pics on my Instagram page @robertobagg10collection

62d862467752a7fabd4fe2cc1fc94019.jpg

Roberto.. I need this! I'll have my people call your people!

View attachment 245936
View attachment 245938
View attachment 245940
View attachment 245941
View attachment 245942

Just beautiful! Great work!!

I'm serious lol.. How difficult was it?

Honestly? Not difficult at all. It's all about improvisation bro...parts of rock which I found in my garden were then airbrushed to look like how the rocks look on the Hot Toy base...I then had to break up the original base and then added the new rocks to build a new and better diorama. This way I am able to pose my Iron Man perfect in the poses I want...something I couldn't do with the original base in which you were restricted to pose the figure in some awkward looking positions :(

Back