1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Twinsies!!:wink1:

It's amazing how hefty this figure is despite not being a 'diecast' figure. I was handling it today some more and it was quite intimidating. Luckily it's pretty stable on it's feet even on the display stand, but I still get paranoid that it's gonna tip over and smash into million pieces while I'm turned away :thud:

anyways this figure is obviously very photogenic...I love taking cloes ups of it. I'm working through many photos but here's a quick preview:

Ironman_final001.jpg

Ironman_final004.jpg

Ironman_final008.jpg

Ironman_final007.jpg

Attachments

• Ironman_final003.jpg
    Ironman_final003.jpg
    783 KB · Views: 244
Got mine yesterday.

This is my first Hot Toys piece, but I can't seeing it being my last as the first thing that hit me when I slid the box out is that RDJ portrait :horror. I mean wow, the likeness & detail is just ridiculous. Take note Sideshow, this is how it's done.

I haven't really had a chance to put it together completely yet, but other than being ridiculously expensive at almost £500 & the batteries being a pain in the arse to fit, I'm loving it, it's mighty impressive.

Not 100% sold on the Mk 45, but will definitely be picking up the 1/4 scale Mk 42 for sure.

Got mine yesterday.

This is my first Hot Toys piece, but I can't seeing it being my last as the first thing that hit me when I slid the box out is that RDJ portrait :horror. I mean wow, the likeness & detail is just ridiculous. Take note Sideshow, this is how it's done.

To be fair, it's a pretty top end sculpt. Not all Hot Toys, even from the last 12 months are that good. Still, I thought the exact same thing when I added my police shootout HT Terminator to my SS Nathan Drake (my first two sixth scale figures), and that's far from the best Arnie head made... Then when I finally got my AoU Tony Stark and Steve Rogers heads I really thought "Thats how to do it Sideshow..."

New to the forum! I just received mine today, this is my first hot toy/sideshow figure (I have never even owned any 1/6 figures before) and my mind is blown! The paint job and proportions are terrific and RDJ head sculpt is awesome. I was wondering if anyone has successfully posed him in the classic 3 point landing pose? If so, please show some pictures! I came close, his fist was an inch and half away from touching ground.

Sturdy enough that if the shelf gets bumped it'll stay standing?

I'm hoping to display him without the included base. I'm not a huge fan of the one they went with.

Unless the shelf isn't securely fastened to the wall or steady on the floor then I suppose there would always be a worry. Like I said though, this thing is incredibly steady and even if you were to knock a shelf I'd be certain that it would stay standing. It's a lot more secure than the sixth scale IM figures, which are already pretty steady.

For those who have the double box 10.00 "Pack out" option added to all shipments on their SideShow account, has anyone confirmed SideShow is actually shipping him double boxed?

For those who have the double box 10.00 "Pack out" option added to all shipments on their SideShow account, has anyone confirmed SideShow is actually shipping him double boxed?
I have the pack out option and Sideshow does not double box large items such as quarter scale HT figures, SS Prestige formats and usually HT figure 2 packs such as Groot and Rocket. I received my quarter scale Iron Man yesterday and it was not double boxed.

I have the pack out option and Sideshow does not double box large items such as quarter scale HT figures, SS Prestige formats and usually HT figure 2 packs such as Groot and Rocket. I received my quarter scale Iron Man yesterday and it was not double boxed.

Thank you for the reply. :hi5:

It's a hell of a figure, for sure, as a first figure...well, let's just say you've set the bar high. Awesome!
Welcome to the club :)

Thanks for the welcome! I only discovered this figure through the forum and after seeing the pictures everyone was sharing I knew I had to get it! Now to decide what glass case to get for it is a whole other issue :p

Back