1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest concern with this figure it's that I'm starting to see the 1/6 scale like toys, seriously :D
I loved my HT Mk42, now I don't like it anymore when comparing to this. I'm selling it actually. And I deleted my Mark 3 preorder. 1/4 scale all the way now :)

My biggest concern with this figure it's that I'm starting to see the 1/6 scale like toys, seriously :D
I loved my HT Mk42, now I don't like it anymore when comparing to this. I'm selling it actually. And I deleted my Mark 3 preorder. 1/4 scale all the way now :)

This is going to happen to a few more people I think :lol
I collect 1/6 and I'm getting this but its not going to throw me off collecting 1/6 scale figures

Still.... you can't fault anyone for liking this more. Its definitely superior
The only concern I would have is that HT 1/4 releases seem to be few and far between:dunno

I'm having the exact same thoughts. With recent purchase of qs001 and qs005 and 1/3 akuma, all my 1:6 looks more lacking in details to me. I dont have too much 1/6 anyway so I'm in the middle of selling off most of them. Now I need much bigger house

Reason why I can't give up 1/6th for 1/4th is the space, I live with the wife in a 1 bedroom apt, no way she will allow our home to be turned into a wax museum....so I'll be happy with this 1/4th and keep trucking with my 1/6th collection

Reason why I can't give up 1/6th for 1/4th is the space, I live with the wife in a 1 bedroom apt, no way she will allow our home to be turned into a wax museum....so I'll be happy with this 1/4th and keep trucking with my 1/6th collection

Maybe it's time to let her go :monkey3

I collect 1/6 and I'm getting this but its not going to throw me off collecting 1/6 scale figures

The only concern I would have is that HT 1/4 releases seem to be few and far between:dunno

Yeah thinking about taking the plunge. Interested to see what other 1/4 come out. Hope it's not a one and done deal. Would definitely keep my 1/6 armors, but it would allow me to slow down collecting if I transitioned to these. Really am only drawn to HT IM anyway. Getting ready to eBay my Thor Light Armor.

Yeah thinking about taking the plunge. Interested to see what other 1/4 come out. Hope it's not a one and done deal. Would definitely keep my 1/6 armors, but it would allow me to slow down collecting if I transitioned to these. Really am only drawn to HT IM anyway. Getting ready to eBay my Thor Light Armor.
I don't see them doing another 1/4 Iron Man for a long time. Seems every other company is grabbing the license for 1/4 Iron Man figures since Hot Toys has the hold for 1/6. Mark 42, Mark 45, Heart Breaker, Iron Patriot, etc already has their license grabbed by another company. Hot Toys likes pushing out 1/6 Iron Man figures for the most part anyways. I'd love to see them do a Mark 3/4/6 in 1/4 but we probably won't see it for a while.

No complaints though seeing as how good this figure looks in all regards.

Hahahahahahahaha... IT HAS BEGUN!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My one nitpick with this figure is the height. The specs say 20" inches for a 1/4 scale. I have HT Bats, Endo and Enterbay Joker/Batman. The HTs are way under scaled with Enterbay, and now this 20" Ironman I fear is going to tower over everything since the EB is just over 18" and the HT bats is shorter than those figures.

I also have the Play Imaginative War Machine II on order so this can have a running buddy when he gets here, and that piece is scaled at 18". I just wonder if HT is oversizing this due to the shorter releases earlier and now is over compensating the size.

My one nitpick with this figure is the height. The specs say 20" inches for a 1/4 scale. I have HT Bats, Endo and Enterbay Joker/Batman. The HTs are way under scaled with Enterbay, and now this 20" Ironman I fear is going to tower over everything since the EB is just over 18" and the HT bats is shorter than those figures.

I also have the Play Imaginative War Machine II on order so this can have a running buddy when he gets here, and that piece is scaled at 18". I just wonder if HT is oversizing this due to the shorter releases earlier and now is over compensating the size.

Boba Fett is only 17.5" which is slightly shorter than true 1/4 scale. Seems like he's too short and this is too tall. :dunno

I'd wait till this releases. The announced sizes are just approximate. half the time they are not correct.

Could this be an amazing mistake on HT part?!;) creating such a masterpiece only to put a damper on their 1/6 scale sales from here on out. Lol
This could be the start of a whole new change in their future production. NOT!!!

There is just no competition to Hot Toys on face sculpts and paint apps. The eyes are handled so well as to look like real eyes too. The Guardians of the Galaxy Gamora figure face is just so very real too.

I was exclusively 1/4 scale for about a year. Began collecting 1/6 again because its too much fun, but my 1/4 scale pieces are definitely the show stoppers. I wish I could have everything in 1/4 scale.

There is just no competition to Hot Toys on face sculpts and paint apps. The eyes are handled so well as to look like real eyes too. The Guardians of the Galaxy Gamora figure face is just so very real too.

There was with some of EB 1/4 pieces. Not any longer.

Personally I'd like to see more Avengers made....... not just Iron Man.

Hawkeye and Black Widow would top my list

I'm encouraged by Hot Toys showing two Star Wars figures back to back. Maybe that will carry over to the Avengers.

Back