1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah they're slower than SS. Except for my eFX Cap Shield (which I received before the states most likely because of the dock issues) most items usually take a month or two (usually) before it arrives here (For Hot Toys anyway). Sometimes I get from Japan (HLJ) for Hot Toys as they arrive even earlier for some.

But I find that most other Aussie suppliers are months after even Popcultcha.

Yea AUD is bad atm. I used to get stuff from Popcultcha, but they're so slow in getting stock. I just stick to SSC, I consider it express shipping from them. Like my previous order (Mk 42 Diecast) only shipped at least 6 months after SSC.

Considering shipping is $50, converted to AUD it would be $790 vs Popcultcha's $850.

I like Popcultcha ....and a $60 premium to them to act as middleman and take the hassle of organizing shipments seems fine.

....I am however still enraged that Sideshow/Hot Toys are choosing my ordering path for me and not letting me order from Sideshow direct....

Man, I knew this would have the best RDJ sculpt, just as QS001 had the best Bale sculpt. And what do you know, someone else sculpted their RDJ head this time :) Maybe let this sculptor try doing the next 1/6 Stark head?

Also, it's really interesting that collectors have varying tastes. I am one who prefer those weathering effects on a figure. IMO even HT's paintjob can make a figure look like a kid's toy when the paint is too perfect and clean. IMO tiny yet expertly done details like paint chips and scratches can set the difference between a high-end figure and a cheap one.

11098223_10152715056867344_6456117405371264803_n.jpg

Guys. How often do you think hot toys will release 1/4 IMs? Not for a while ? Or pump them like 1/6?

Not for a while. I know it's Iron Man and all but I really don't think they'll push out another 1/4 IM in a long time. Their main focus group is 1/6 and I can see the next 1/4 figures being some classic figures. Dutch, Predator, etc

Yea AUD is bad atm. I used to get stuff from Popcultcha, but they're so slow in getting stock. I just stick to SSC, I consider it express shipping from them. Like my previous order (Mk 42 Diecast) only shipped at least 6 months after SSC.

Considering shipping is $50, converted to AUD it would be $790 vs Popcultcha's $850.

The discount is not that much buddy.

Shipping for this item is not $50. Where did you get this figure from ? Did you simply think a 1/6 figure shipping ?

Like any other 1/4 it is going to be atleast $80 to Australia like my other 1/4ths. If not more as I expect this to be heavier than others. Also, the Fed lifting interest rates likely later this year and the RBA likely to cut cash rates again your better off locking in the current spot rate of AUDUSD and let popculcha deal with any forex issues next year.

Also forgot to remind you your bank is not so generous with exchange rates. People too easily use googles conversion. You will get a far worse deal on your credit card or be charged with a 1.xx% international transaction fee of some sort. Non with popculcha.

so let's take all the above into account with $80 shipping, use a 75c exchange rate (currently around 77 or so, but need to take into account fees and bank exchange rate which uses a different buy sell spread to google). Total comes to $833 versus popculcha $850.

So yes, still more expensive on popculcha but a lot less than what you were saying.

Depends on how you view the AUD to go from now until Q1 2016, I am not bullish.

That looks really good. Its a little light on accessories given the price but that headsculpt is beautiful, as is the armor :woo and the base is just epic. I like how some pieces can be detached

The discount is not that much buddy.

Shipping for this item is not $50. Where did you get this figure from ? Did you simply think a 1/6 figure shipping ?

Like any other 1/4 it is going to be atleast $80 to Australia like my other 1/4ths. If not more as I expect this to be heavier than others. Also, the Fed lifting interest rates likely later this year and the RBA likely to cut cash rates again your better off locking in the current spot rate of AUDUSD and let popculcha deal with any forex issues next year.

Also forgot to remind you your bank is not so generous with exchange rates. People too easily use googles conversion. You will get a far worse deal on your credit card or be charged with a 1.xx% international transaction fee of some sort. Non with popculcha.

so let's take all the above into account with $80 shipping, use a 75c exchange rate (currently around 77 or so, but need to take into account fees and bank exchange rate which uses a different buy sell spread to google). Total comes to $833 versus popculcha $850.

So yes, still more expensive on popculcha but a lot less than what you were saying.

Depends on how you view the AUD to go from now until Q1 2016, I am not bullish.

Good points here. I just simply did a quick calculation, yours is more precise. I guessed $50 because 1/6 is normally $30 in my experience.

Anyway I like to get it from SSC because they are the fastest to get it in stock.

Back to my original question though, I am still able to place an order eventhough it says not shipping to australia. Any experience with this?

Good points here. I just simply did a quick calculation, yours is more precise. I guessed $50 because 1/6 is normally $30 in my experience.

Anyway I like to get it from SSC because they are the fastest to get it in stock.

Back to my original question though, I am still able to place an order eventhough it says not shipping to australia. Any experience with this?

Hmm I can't either. You should contact their customer service first before you do. It isn't going to sell out over the weekend so don't fret.

"There are a variety of reasons why Sideshow Collectibles may not be able to ship into your country, including licensing restrictions and territory importing issues. If you have any further questions regarding shipping restrictions, please contact our Customer Service department directly."

I will be keen to hear your answer? Might have to get it through popculcha

The one thing I don't like is the battle damage. I would prefer him clean and shiny.

Seems like the pristene figures might be a thing of the past. Maybe they will go up in value once people realise there will be no more non battle damaged figures.

Man, I knew this would have the best RDJ sculpt, just as QS001 had the best Bale sculpt. And what do you know, someone else sculpted their RDJ head this time :) Maybe let this sculptor try doing the next 1/6 Stark head?

Also, it's really interesting that collectors have varying tastes. I am one who prefer those weathering effects on a figure. IMO even HT's paintjob can make a figure look like a kid's toy when the paint is too perfect and clean. IMO tiny yet expertly done details like paint chips and scratches can set the difference between a high-end figure and a cheap one.

I 100% disagree. Having a figure without paint and chips does not make it look like a kids toy. Its actually redicilous to say paint chips and scratches are what it takes to make a figure look high end.

In defense of the weathering on this guy, at least the base presents him as in the heat of battle, where the battle damage fits the overall look of the piece. I'd rather him clean, but it works on this piece IMO.

The RDJ headsculpt is GOAT.

It's just a shame they won't shrink it for a 1/6 scale figure. It's the same deal with their 1/4 Batman. That Bale sculpt was perfect, would have been nice to have gotten it in 1/6 for the armory Bruce.

The RDJ headsculpt is GOAT.

It's just a shame they won't shrink it for a 1/6 scale figure. It's the same deal with their 1/4 Batman. That Bale sculpt was perfect, would have been nice to have gotten it in 1/6 for the armory Bruce.
Gotta have someway of getting people to PO all your stuff. :lol

I 100% disagree. Having a figure without paint and chips does not make it look like a kids toy. Its actually redicilous to say paint chips and scratches are what it takes to make a figure look high end.

But it's not ridiculous to have an opinion, yes? I said IMO clean paint CAN make a figure look like a kids toy. CAN. And I didn't say anything to diss the thoughts of those who like it that way.

I just noticed the colour on the shoulders is fixed. This looks bloody amazing...but sadly I'll be passing on this. Gotta be picky with the 1/4 stuff so I'm holding out for a Mk III and Mk VI and pray that they eventually make them :pray:

My strategy is buy what I like and if something better comes along I will sell it and buy the new thing. So this will be my iron man until they make the mark 7 in 1/4 scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back