1/4 Hot Toys - QS005 - Avengers: AoU - Iron Man Mark 43 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well...just packed up the 1/6 43 to sell. Time to order this big guy. For now I have the Mark 3 in my Avengers display, but I'm either getting the 45 or 46 to replace the 43. 3 is amazing but weird around the other AoU figures.

I have this on PO and have seen so many YouTube reviews and this some how looks slimmer and looks more toy like than the prototypes from SDCC. Thinking about eating the lose on the deposit from Sideshow and cancelling this thing.
For those that have it, is it better in person?

Like others have said it is easily the best Iron Man figure you can buy. It's as bulky as its onscreen counterpart and the paint is done so well that it looks like it just walked off the screen!

It is up to you of course, but everyone who has this figure has been blown away.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I guess it has something to do with the lighting in the video reviews that makes this seem too plasticy and toy like, but the pics here with the darker lighting does make it look better. His leg does seem a tad too thin though.

I guess it has something to do with the lighting in the video reviews that makes this seem too plasticy and toy like, but the pics here with the darker lighting does make it look better. His leg does seem a tad too thin though.
I second that. The legs long and a bit thin but everything else looks great though. Ciuld it be camera angle?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

The proportions are perfect, trust me. I often ditch figures for statues because of proportions, but this looks great with my Iron Man maquettes and my XM studios mark XLII. It looks like a man in a suit through and through, snd this comes from someone who sold his 1/6 scale iron men in part because of their proportions.

This figure is real damn it.

The proportions are perfect, trust me. I often ditch figures for statues because of proportions, but this looks great with my Iron Man maquettes and my XM studios mark XLII. It looks like a man in a suit through and through, snd this comes from someone who sold his 1/6 scale iron men in part because of their proportions.

This figure is real damn it.

Is it in scale with SSC PFs?

This, to me, is perfect. Posted earlier in this thread

tapatalk_1448099728724_zpswdbvoszy.jpeg

Guys, he is the real deal! I had the chance to see it in person when I was in HK last month. He is stunning! All the photos that people have posted won't do him justice. You must see it in hand. Also, the 1/4 Mark 45 was awesome too. He is much bulky and just looks bad - ass. I can't wait to get mine. If Hot Toys starts investing more into the 1/4 scale, I think I'll sell all my 1/6 and focus on collecting the 1/4. They're just much more stunning.

If you want to see thin legs should go look at the 1/6 version. The proportions on this are spot on.

6L391OP.jpg

Does anyone have any inside info on SSC's stock than Jan-March for this? Jan/Feb is ok, March isn't. So not sure whether I should order or wait until April...
Not sure what you mean but no one has inside info on their stock. The figure is shipping out from SSC starting Jan 14th. What generally happens is that they get a first batch of a figure and then comes another.

Last edited:
The chinese retailer I bought from doesnt even have stock yet so if SS is shipping out Jan 14 they must get priority before Chinese retailers. As far as I understand it, Hot Toys sells to their retail customers first and after some time Chinese retailers get their stock. SS must get priority if they have stock before Chinese retailers.
Would appreciate if someone from China can enlighten me.

The chinese retailer I bought from doesnt even have stock yet so if SS is shipping out Jan 14 they must get priority before Chinese retailers. As far as I understand it, Hot Toys sells to their retail customers first and after some time Chinese retailers get their stock. SS must get priority if they have stock before Chinese retailers.
Would appreciate if someone from China can enlighten me.

I think that most Chinese retailers are people from local stores in HK, or flippers on ebay, or just general sellers that get their stock from other retailers. If you bought them from Hot Toys in Hong Kong, you would already have them. Most people do anyway. I know many people from Taiwan and Hong Kong already have theirs 1 month ago when it was released. So basically, Hong Kong hot toys get them first, then the smaller retailers get them a bit later. I guess thats just the advantage Hot Toys are pushing. if you buy with them, you will get them first, just like how SS gets them before BBTS or other retailers. In fact other retailers get them last.

I think that most Chinese retailers are people like stores, or flippers on ebay, or just general sellers that get their stock from other retailers. If you bought them from Hot Toys in Hong Kong, you would already have them. Most people do anyway. I know many people from Taiwan and Hong Kong already have theirs 1 month ago when it was released. So basically, Hong Kong hot toys get them first, then the smaller retailers get them a bit later. I guess thats just the advantage Hot Toys are pushing. if you buy with them, you will get them first, just like how SS gets them before BBTS or other retailers. In fact other retailers get them last.

I meant to say retail store instead of retailer. You can walk into Hot Toys secret base and buy from them directly(this is what I mean by Hot Toys retail customers, there are alot of flippers among these retail customers), these customers get serviced first. Then there are stores in China(Chinese retailers) that get stock from Hot Toys a while later.

Back