1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is three things.

HTC's interview sucked ass and was to vague.

1/6 Bane better come with a ____ing broken cowl

and DX 2.0 better be at SDCC this year. PERIOD.

The last two things will not come true. :lol

Any news on Joker DX 2.0 ?

I ate crow :dunno

You never said it'd be because they wouldn't be allowed to make it

Haha, you mean when everyone was CONVINCED that DX Joker 2.0 would have a Nurse outfit instead of the cop outfit? And I said that wasn't going to happen?

And everyone was like "You're wrong, Haytil, it's going to be a Nurse outfit, that's what Two Point Oh means?" As if they actually had any idea? And they all implied I was a killjoy and a jerk for pointing out the fact that they had no idea?

Yeah, I remember that too. Funny how everyone just sort of silently dropped that instead of eating their crow once it came out that HT will never do a Nurse outfit.

:nana:

Haha, you mean when everyone was CONVINCED that DX Joker 2.0 would have a Nurse outfit instead of the cop outfit? And I said that wasn't going to happen?

And everyone was like "You're wrong, Haytil, it's going to be a Nurse outfit, that's what Two Point Oh means?" As if they actually had any idea? And they all implied I was a killjoy and a jerk for pointing out the fact that they had no idea?

Yeah, I remember that too. Funny how everyone just sort of silently dropped that instead of eating their crow once it came out that HT will never do a Nurse outfit.

:nana:

Actually, the thread got locked...SUCKA!:nana:

I wouldn't be surprised if they nixed the Joker 2.0 DX and just make a Joker in 1/4th scale instead.

I wish that Enterbay would just show their 1/4 Jocker figure so that we can finally see some pics of the Hot Toys Jocker DX 2.0.

I wish that Enterbay would just show their 1/4 Jocker figure so that we can finally see some pics of the Hot Toys Jocker DX 2.0.

Hmmmmmm I haven't seen this one yet. does he play quarterback or middle linebacker? ooooooohhhhhhh maybe he's a pointguard? only be worth it if he comes in a bulls jersey.

I ate crow :dunno

Haha, fair enough. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they nixed the Joker 2.0 DX and just make a Joker in 1/4th scale instead.

No way they'd nix the Joker DX re-release (or 2.0 or what have you). A 1/6 Ledger Joker is a no-brainer, business-wise. Minimal R&D and infrastructure costs for a guaranteed seller, given the current after-market prices and supply, the insane popularity of Ledger's portrayal, and the inevitable increase in interest once the 1/6 TDKR line starts coming out.

I still think Hot Toys will give us all the Batman The Dark Knight Rises figures this year and leave Returns and Joker DX 2.0 for next year.. In my opinion that would be the most smart choice. Hot Toys know that this year is all about Dark Knight Rises, right after the movie a lot of people will maybe be more interested on getting a Bane figure than getting a Ledger Joker figure.. so we'll see.

I still think Hot Toys will give us all the Batman The Dark Knight Rises figures this year and leave Returns and Joker DX 2.0 for next year.. In my opinion that would be the most smart choice. Hot Toys know that this year is all about Dark Knight Rises, right after the movie a lot of people will maybe be more interested on getting a Bane figure than getting a Ledger Joker figure.. so we'll see.

I hope you're right but we should consider the fact that their planning seems pretty full for this year.
On the other hand, it seems foolish to me to only release the Tumbler during the year in which TDKR is released.

I hope you're right but we should consider the fact that their planning seems pretty full for this year.
On the other hand, it seems foolish to me to only release the Tumbler during the year in which TDKR is released.

-Batman
-Catwoman
-Bane
-The Tumbler
-The Batpod

That's what we have for sure this year from Hot Toys realated to Nolan's Batman. Maybe we'll see more than one Bane, more than one Catwoman and more than one Batman, plus maybe another popular character, like Gordon or Bruce Wayne.

I'm not sure we will see any HT TDKR release this year. Latest HT Avengers Thor set release date Q4 and there will be 3 more Avengers coming.

Honestly, I'm most excited for the 1/4 stuff, so I'm expecting a wait. However, I'd like to see the DX 2.0 Joker and a DX TDKR Batman, along with Bane this year. I might be interested in double-dipping on a couple of things in 1/4 and 1/6th, as I need them to justify some other things (I will not have a Tumbler without a Batman that can fit inside!). I do think that we might see the DX 2.0 Joker and Batman simultaneously or, at the very least, consecutively. Though, regardless of what happens, so long as I get the Enterbay 1/4 stuff and the HT Arkham stuff and we at least see what's coming for TDKR, I'm good.

I think I'll watch the films first and then decide which characters I'm getting ... but I most probably be getting "The Bat" a bit cheesy the name for my taste:ted but I'm a w**** for anything batman related that flies :p

I'm not sure we will see any HT TDKR release this year. Latest HT Avengers Thor set release date Q4 and there will be 3 more Avengers coming.

Honestly I have no doubt we'll see at least a Bane and maybe even Batman / Catwoman squeezed in right before the years end too. All it takes is a preview before July, preorder a week later and 3-4 months (if they have their ____ together LOL) til release.

Hot Toys loves to rehash figures so I can't see them delaying an easy TDK/TDKR rehashed Batman.

LOL unless you were just referring to 1/4 scale? Then oops.

They'll definitely be at least 1 figure from TDKR this year, I can't believe Hot Toys would hold off their release until next year

They'll definitely be at least 1 figure from TDKR this year, I can't believe Hot Toys would hold off their release until next year

I think he meant in terms of when the figures will actually be delivered and in our hands.

I'm sure preorders for HT TDKR figures will start by July with the first offering, and the rest following in Aug/Sep/Oct

However, deliveries on pre-orders from even the first offering (assuming it's in July), going by HT's current lag times from pre-order to delivery, are in danger of falling into 2013.

Pretty sure that DX02 was announced sometime in the summer and the first wave shipped around Christmastime that year...

Back