1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no freaking way we will get a 1/4 Batman but not a 1/6 one. Or a 1/4 of any character but not a 1/6 of it... that would make absolutely no sense :slap:cuckoo:

What I take that to mean is that the 1/4 versions will have certain features or accessories maybe, which the 1/6 don't

That's what I'm thinking too. Maybe the 1/4 figures will have electronic light-up features and extra accessories that aren't included with the 1/6 versions. But, I still have trouble understanding how these lines are not going to clash.

If they re-release the DX02 (i.e. same figure with no improvements), then they fail.

If they did it with the Batman Begins Toy Fair figure, they're going to do it with the DX02 as well. The only differences will most likely be the inclusion of different texture of rubber for the suit, and an updated (more realistic looking) head-sculpt.

Have they said that they are releasing Batman in 1/4 or 1/6? They said threy don't want them to clash so that's left to believe we will only be seeing him in one of the two scale. But like I said if they release Bane in 1/6 but Batman in 1/4 they wouldn't match. That would suck. Unless you already have a Batman in 1/6 but I would think the completists would want a TDKR Batman in the same scale as Bane or at least have the option. Regardless that it's the same suit because I would think that this new Batman is going to have upgrades from the DX02.

Oh and I don't think they are going to do a straight re-release of the DX02, meaning the same exact figure with no differences. If they did....that would be horrible.

Last edited:
There's no freaking way we will get a 1/4 Batman but not a 1/6 one. Or a 1/4 of any character but not a 1/6 of it... that would make absolutely no sense :slap:cuckoo:

What I take that to mean is that the 1/4 versions will have certain features or accessories maybe, which the 1/6 don't

This is what I was thinking. There is no way they would do that. It would be very stupid. This came up in a Terminator thread when I pondered why they started out with a 1/4 Police Shoot Out T-800 and not a 1/6 that would match every other figure they have done in the Terminator line. That was when the interview was posted. I mean... you can read into that in different ways really. I'll find the interview.

Have they said that they are releasing Batman in 1/4 or 1/6? They said threy don't want them to clash so that's left to believe we will only be seing him in one of the two scale. But like I said if they release Bane in 1/6 but Batman in 1/4 they wouldn't match. That would suck. Unless you already have a Batman in 1/6 but I would think the completists would want a TDKR Batman in the same scale as Bane or at least have the option. Regardless that it's the same suit because I would think that this new Batman is going to have upgrade from the DX02.

Oh and I don't think they are going to do a straight re-release of the DX02, meaning the same exact figure with no differences. If they did....that would be horrible.

They're already known for doing horrible things (in terms of re-releases) :lol. But, I think Batman is already a given for a 1/4 scale figure. I'm interested in seeing how this plays out as well. Imagine having a giant, Amazon-sized 1/4 Catwoman and a midget 1/6 scale Batman...

I think it just means you won't see many figures at 1:4, Just Batman and maybe Bane too. 1:6 is where it's at for them, 1:4 is just a few select characters.

Here it is. Very, very short reference to it but make of it what you will.

interview.jpg

HTC should have asked him to elaborate a bit on his answer for the last question.

If they did it with the Batman Begins Toy Fair figure, they're going to do it with the DX02 as well. The only differences will most likely be the inclusion of different texture of rubber for the suit, and an updated (more realistic looking) head-sculpt.

Not necessarily.

The Batman Begins Toy Fair exclusive was a reissue/update of the OC Batman, which was actually NEVER released outside Asia. So you could look at it as just giving foreign collectors a chance to grab a figure they missed.

Not to say I have faith in HT to actually improve on the DX02, but there's some ray of hope :lol

^ Yeah, tell me about it. That's why I'm so curious. He uses the word 'character'. As if to imply you won't see the same character in different scales. I dunno...Maybe something like a 1/6 BD Batman but a 1/4 regular Batman?? Or maybe he's just talking ____ and has no idea what the future holds for 1/4. :lol

All I get from that statement is staggered release and they will be a separate line. Still to vague and most likely we won't get any photos until Enterbay posts theirs first...:)

Hot Toys should just announce the 1/4 scale homeless bum from Batman Begins, and everyone will be happy.

If Hot Toys re-releases the DX02 and produces both a 1/4 and 1/6 scale versions, they're going to clash whether Hot Toys like it or not.

I hope they do not re-release DX02, they have to make one more accurate version... Not a battle damage version or anything.. I don't understand why people want a battle damage version if we still don't have the perfect 1/6 Dark Knight costume as simple as it sounds...

This exchange triggered very strong deja vu......

Haha, you mean when everyone was CONVINCED that DX Joker 2.0 would have a Nurse outfit instead of the cop outfit? And I said that wasn't going to happen?

And everyone was like "You're wrong, Haytil, it's going to be a Nurse outfit, that's what Two Point Oh means?" As if they actually had any idea? And they all implied I was a killjoy and a jerk for pointing out the fact that they had no idea?

Yeah, I remember that too. Funny how everyone just sort of silently dropped that instead of eating their crow once it came out that HT will never do a Nurse outfit.

:nana:

All I know is three things.

HTC's interview sucked ass and was to vague.

1/6 Bane better come with a ____ing broken cowl

and DX 2.0 better be at SDCC this year. PERIOD.

The last two things will not come true. :lol

Back