1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no interest in 1/4 figures... they just look odd to me and I much prefer 1/6 scale for collectibles.

Wow, Hot Toys is really ruthless! Couldn't leave the 1/4 scale to Enterbay uh? I was fine with having 1/6 from HT and 1/4 from EB. I dislike the way HT has approached this situation. They only made this move to try to take EB out of the game. They don't even bother hiding that! Personally, I love competition but not of this kind!
I agree with this 100%, though I'll still buy the hot toys 1:4 if they look better than enterbay :lol

I was gonna get a bigger home but now thanks to hot toys I'm not only gonna have to stay where I am at ,if they keep this up I will have to remorgage my house.I was also thinking of selling one of the kids.I could use the money and I can use the rooms for all the new stuff.

I was gonna get a bigger home but now thanks to hot toys I'm not only gonna have to stay where I am at ,if they keep this up I will have to remorgage my house.I was also thinking of selling one of the kids.I could use the money and I can use the rooms for all the new stuff.

You'll make more parting your kids out on the black market. Just sayin...:monkey1

If they can push out an entire cast in 1/6 I'll be impressed. If predicted, I think my collection will go like this:

Enterbay 1/4:
BB Batman
Joker

Hot Toys 1/4:
TDKR Suit
Bane
???

Why hasn't Hot Toys done a Gary Oldman/Commissioner Gordan figure yet? Too niche? A Michael Caine/Alfred figure would be alright too.

so more then 1 company can have a 1/4 batman license?

Why don't EB come out with a 1/6 batman and predator to compete with HT?

Because they realized HT was pounding them in direct competition. They started 1/4 presumably to escape that competition with HT. Not they have no escape, so yeah, EB might as well dip into 1/6 Batman too.

IMO it's smarter to do something more "unique" in the market than to try and do the same thing. Consumers aren't going to get alternates of the same thing for the most part. That's more for people who have extra money to throw out. The reason Hot Toys is sticking to them in that scale is because they can with more resources.

Back