1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do get why people are excited, but (at the risk of enraging the josh again) it does in my mind make HT come across as kinda petty and immature. they make awesome stuff but i just don't like them anymore. i just don't get this boner they have for crushing EB. it's just really... dishonourable for want of a better word.

I don't see it that way. HT and EB are rivals now. Brings the best to the table. Imagine if EB was also making Indy. . . .

Yo, another thing I want to know too is this:

If they release a 1/4 scale figure of a character, does that mean they won't release a 1/6 scale figure of said character?

They will just be competing with themselves and on top of that we will have to deal with the incessant comparison between the two. No doubt the 1/6 scale would be inferior (at least in the head sculpt department). Kind makes me fear the future of 1/6 scale. Some figures just might not see the light of day now.

Now that's something to think about.

:yess:

This is awesome(well the 1/6th figures anyway), TDKR is probably my most anticipated film EVER!!!

Bane is a must, then i would like to see Catwoman, Ra's and Gordon.
And this is just wishful thinking but i would love a varient scarecrow with Cillian HS:monkey3.

1/4 scale :thud::thud::thud: ..I've been pushing away from 1/6 except for the odd one, so this is such good news ! 1/4 scale rubber deterioration anyone ? :rotfl

Yo, another thing I want to know too is this:

If they release a 1/4 scale figure of a character, does that mean they won't release a 1/6 scale figure of said character?

They will just be competing with themselves and on top of that we will have to deal with the incessant comparison between the two. No doubt the 1/6 scale would be inferior (at least in the head sculpt department). Kind makes me fear the future of 1/6 scale. Some figures just might not see the light of day now.

Cannibalism

Definition: "In marketing, situation where the sales of a new (introduced as an extension of an established brand) or differently branded product eat into the sales of other products within the same line. If the total sales revenue of that product line increases, then the line extension is justifiable. However the danger of weakening the main brand remains (<--- This, does not apply to HT figures because, they don't care! Earlier it was v1 Vs. DX Joker, Mk II Vs. Mk II AUV and now it has gone to the new level of 1/4 Vs. 1/6! Now that's business acumen :lecture)."

I'm pretty psyched about this announcement and at the same time a little sad about it.

The TDK line is what got me into collecting Hot toys and I feel like the TDKR line will be my final line.

I love all their figures but I'm facing a shifting of priorities right now.

Having said that I will probably collect the 1/6th line. The only vehicle I will be getting without question is going to be the Batwing if they make it. I already have the original Tumbler and Batpod.

Where are all the 1/4 scale haters? They're gone.

They said they will never collect 1/4 stuff cuz they love 1/6 sooooooooooo much.

Also, inb4 Hot Toys charges $500/$600 for 1/4 scale stuff.

Only way for them to get accepted if they price the 1/4 at $200-250, and 1/6 at $100-150. :lol

With how Iron Monger is priced and people are probably still gobbling it up, I think they will probably start pricing 1/4's at $275+

So glad they are going to re-do the vehicles. Never got around to getting the Batpod.

Back