1/4 and 1/6 Hot Toys Batman TDKR Announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - 1/6 & 1/4 Scale: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I think its better not to purchase first, as I suspect HT will make 1/4 Begins Bats and 1/4 Joker as well.

They loove the Joker :lol

I agree, I won't be until I see what HT's got. In that respect, HT has probably already killed 50%+ of the Batman/Joker sales EB would have got

It's a cruel, cruel world. EB has nowhere to hide, i'm fairly certain the only reason they started 1/4 scale was to hide from HT's competition: they're going to have to face HT headon and simply try to outdo HT in the realism/accuracy. If they can't, they're toast

I swear, my patterns in collecting has changed and it's all for the right reasons.

Because I just predicted a big awesome wave of Batman stuff is coming my way since the SSC announcement on DC license and now HT is giving us 1/4 scale Batman.

Hell yeah I am in !!!!! No questions ask. I am so stoked beyond words.
While HT is at it, gimme 1/4 Batman Returns Keaton Batman, a Batmobile and the Bat Ski-Boat too in 1/4 scale.

Name the price, you got it.

Re: Hot Toys - 1/6 & 1/4 Scale: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I agree, I won't be until I see what HT's got. In that respect, HT has probably already killed 50%+ of the Batman/Joker sales EB would have got

It's a cruel, cruel world. EB has nowhere to hide, i'm fairly certain the only reason they started 1/4 scale was to hide from HT's competition: they're going to have to face HT headon and simply try to outdo HT in the realism/accuracy. If they can't, they're toast

Word.

If I were the CEO of EB, I would drop 1/4 and jump to 1/1 scale now.

Always think ahead of the competitors :lecture:rotfl

I swear, my patterns in collecting has changed and it's all for the right reasons.

Because I just predicted a big awesome wave of Batman stuff is coming my way since the SSC announcement on DC license and now HT is giving us 1/4 scale Batman.

Hell yeah I am in !!!!! No questions ask. I am so stoked beyond words.
While HT is at it, gimme 1/4 Batman Returns Keaton Batman, a Batmobile and the Bat Ski-Boat too in 1/4 scale.

Name the price, you got it.

Dr-Evil-268x300.jpg

I'm all for friendly competition but man is this announcement a bit of a kick in the nads to EB. I liked EB doing 1/4 and HT doing 1/6. 2 different formats from 2 different companies.

and now it's almost like who's going to buy the SS Premium formats for movie based characters since HT is doing the Avengers as well. I'm sure we'll see a 1/4 Cavil Superman. SS has already said they were doing premium formats from TDKR and MoS, but now I'd say unless the 1/4 are a big flop who'll buy the SS versions??

This is amazing... and a little terrifying!!!

I'm definitely in for everything they do in 1/6th! Give me a Catwoman, a Bane, a Gordon and a Ra's and i'm happy. (Also a new Bats if there is a new suit in the film... but that isn't looking likely).

As for the 1/4th stuff.... sighhhh... I have Sideshows PF Joker ordered and planned on sticking with all their Bat releases so i'd have 1/4th scale versions of the characters and then a complete 1/6th collection of Nolan's Bat world... now THIS?!? I want to say that I will refrain from going the 1/4th route on TDKR, but honestly, as soon as I see what they are cooking up, I doubt I'll be able to resist....

How long do you think we'll have to "stay tuned" before they reveal their "suprise"?

Wow, Hot Toys is really ruthless! Couldn't leave the 1/4 scale to Enterbay uh? I was fine with having 1/6 from HT and 1/4 from EB. I dislike the way HT has approached this situation. They only made this move to try to take EB out of the game. They don't even bother hiding that! Personally, I love competition but not of this kind! These guys are not competing in price but who can pump stuff out first.

I'll just have to ignore this 1/4 scale announcement as I simply can't afford it. If their 1/6 scale figures are already getting to the $500 mark, what could we possibly expect to pay for a 1/4 scale figure?

I'm really excited for this line! While 1/6 was a given, I have to say the 1/4th announcement is a bit of a shock. I'm really looking forward to seeing what HT can do with this scale. I just hope the prices aren't too outrageous. My gf has been pretty supportive of my collecting so far, but after I told her the 1/4 scale news I got, "the look".

I wonder will they be doing any other lines in 1/4? Seems to me 1/4 Iron Man would be logical given their love for milking that line.

Wow, Hot Toys is really ruthless! Couldn't leave the 1/4 scale to Enterbay uh? I was fine with having 1/6 from HT and 1/4 from EB. I dislike the way HT has approached this situation. They only made this move to try to take EB out of the game. They don't even bother hiding that! Personally, I love competition but not of this kind! These guys are not competing in price but who can pump stuff out first.

I'll just have to ignore this 1/4 scale announcement as I simply can't afford it. If their 1/6 scale figures are already getting to the $500 mark, what could we possibly expect to pay for a 1/4 scale figure?

These are essentially my thoughts and also what wofford29 said.

***k sake. I suppose this announcement should make me happy but...it doesn't. It means theres gonna be a ***kload of stuff I'd love to have but may well not be able to get for ''sadly I don't $h!t money'' reasons. :gah:

My gf has been pretty supportive of my collecting so far, but after I told her the 1/4 scale news I got, "the look".

:lecture:lecture:lecture

just yesterday when I got the HT Spiderman I was asked how far down my 'list' am I. In other words when is this collecting gonna end......ermmm..

This is HT's ANSWER to EB's 1/4 T 800- I knew they would not sit still.
We have gone over the edge in this hobby.

Safe to say any 'completist' tendencies are going out the window. I can only concentrate on 1/6 for a 'complete' collection.

I am on the same boat as you. Will only be sticking to 1/6th scale figures especially since 1/4th scale figures could be about $400+ each (just basing it off EB's prices). Good News for the 1/4th collectors and anyone who are looking for variety!

Back