1/3 Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally. Welp I'm in for this guy too. No way I can just get the JH and not get this companion piece. Will be great to have this franchise finally checked off my most wanted statues checklist.

Me comin' in to see why this thread's suddenly so active...

grogusneak.gif

I'm sure when they update with now photos and videos is gonna look much better.

I do hope you're right about this! I'll share this here that I posted to a reply on the other forum as I think it might solve a lot of my issues with it. Am I really alone in thinking this thing just doesn't look right?

"I'm not sure it's even a sculpt issue, I think it is purely a pose choice that really hasn't worked out for me. The City hunter has beautiful and large armour on his right shoulder, Prime 1 have decided to make this so that he is twisted and looking right into this armour, I think this is where a lot of my issue with it lay. Not only does this hide the nice lines and shapes, but it simultaneously makes him look stumpy.

I don't like the pose at all and I'd redo it entirely personally, but realistically that isn't going to happen. So being more realistic and constructive, I really think that they could improve this existing pose immensely by simply twisting his entire position on the base clockwise slightly so that he's pointing more forward, and then twisting the head so that it's looking more straight. This would unclutter that area and show off the lines of that wonderful armour more."

Xc4phDH.jpg

. . . Am I really alone in thinking this thing just doesn't look right? . . .

image.png

Narp :naughty

Seriously though - you can see the "heft" is "off" courtesy of your side-by-side shots.

They've made him too chunky overall - like he's been overinflated. Same problem they had with the Jungle Hunter.

Ahh good, I'm not going mad then :lol I think you're right also, he is a little stocky in general. More so than the JH imo which looks okay to me.

They've made him too chunky overall - like he's been overinflated. Same problem they had with the Jungle Hunter.
Somehow I buy the chunkiness on the JH, but for whatever reason, it doesn't work for me here. Could also be because we're used to seeing the CH in more relaxed, fully-upright poses from all the promotional photos.

I really think that they could improve this existing pose immensely by simply twisting his entire position on the base clockwise slightly so that he's pointing more forward, and then twisting the head so that it's looking more straight. This would unclutter that area and show off the lines of that wonderful armour more."
Good idea. I'd have also liked for them to straighten the legs a bit. This 1/3 would've been a great opportunity to recreate the distinctive knock-kneed stance he has in the promo shots. That would've really fired the "holy crap, it's Predator 2" neurons.

Ram bio is an interesting tease. Can we expect an alternate blue and silver paint scheme as the store exclusive?

Okay. Initial thoughts. The pose is a bit uninspired, although I’m not sure what I was expecting. He also seems a bit on the chunky side…I was expecting a leaner look. Something is a bit off with the headsculpts. The bio mask seems a bit too wide around the jawline(maybe it’s the lighting?) and on the wide-open mouth the mandibles seem too long(although it looks pretty awesome). Biggest wow factor? All of the alien skulls…holy s!

Last edited:
Back