1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cool Props 1/3 Alien Warrior

If this is the Prime 1 offering I wont get the dog as a result. I've been waiting to see warrior and big chap 1/3. It's all three or nothing for me. Hopefully this is just a lame coolprops attempt and prime 1 has their own.

Wonder if this is in collaboration with Prime 1, given the alternate head and bust base.

Tail is WAY too thick near the butt, though.

I doubt P1 is involved. They're not credited on these pics, as how SS for distribution is. As to the bust, CP had that offering on their dog alien well before the P1 collaboration and redesign.

Wow the marionette pose no one wants on a base they can't display

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reading back on several posts from Python and the original announcement images from these companies, it looks like CoolProps and Prime 1 indeed aren't collaborating on every single Alien piece. My guess as to how this will play out:

CoolProps has their own line, with each piece featuring a different collaboration. The Dog Alien happened to be with Prime 1 (resculpting and producing -- yay), but the Warrior is not. I guess the collaboration would be with the independent artist beesub, who's working on the 1/3 AVP Queen bust for them as well. And as we all know by now, CP's Big Chap was done in collaboration with the Giger Museum. So an odd, disjointed line with potentially varying degrees of quality.

As for Prime 1, they have their own Big Chap. Not sure if they have a Warrior coming, but it would be great for obvious reasons.

Hopefully those who want only one of each Alien will be able to buy the best from both companies. If they design their statues and bases similarly, fans may be able to mix and match without issue (a Big Chap from P1, a Warrior from CP, and a Dog from CP/P1 for example).

Last edited:

Reading back on several posts from Python and the original announcement images from these companies, it looks like CoolProps and Prime 1 indeed aren't collaborating on every single Alien piece. My guess as to how this will play out:

CoolProps has their own line, with each piece featuring a different collaboration. The Dog Alien happened to be with Prime 1 (resculpting and producing -- yay), but the Warrior is not. I guess the collaboration would be with the independent artist beesub, who's working on the 1/3 AVP Queen bust for them as well. And as we all know by now, CP's Big Chap was done in collaboration with the Giger Museum. So an odd, disjointed line with potentially varying degrees of quality.

As for Prime 1, they have their own Big Chap. Not sure if they have a Warrior coming, but it would be great for obvious reasons.

Hopefully those who want only one of each Alien will be able to buy the best from both companies. If they design their statues and bases similarly, fans may be able to mix and match without issue (a Big Chap from P1, a Warrior from CP, and a Dog from CP/P1 for example).

All collectibles companies out there are working with independant artists for their pieces, Prime1 included. And these independant artists are just in charge of the sculpt. Painting, QC and final product are not something they are responsible for you know...

All collectibles companies out there are working with independant artists for their pieces, Prime1 included. And these independant artists are just in charge of the sculpt. Painting, QC and final product are not something they are responsible for you know...

I meant if you wanted to add the collaboration label to this particular project since CP isn't citing any other entity. But yeah, CP is still ultimately responsible for how the Warrior project is executed. Same with the Giger Museum Big Chap if I'm not mistaken. The only collaboration so far where the final product is left in someone else's hands is the Dog Alien.

Yeah, the tail looks off at the first bend curve. Like it is squeezed or flattened.

37511241_1066841756817692_7994012204712067072_n.jpg39400762_1066841843484350_1176241484807012352_n.jpg

Here it is, I'm not feeling this at all sadly. The pose is awkward and the base is unnecessarily large for this scale.

iu3x6Rx.jpg

V10k000.jpg

Let´s always keep in mind, these might be the last official statues we get, as Disney acquired all licencing rights as well.

Is it too much to ask for a pose of a warrior coming out of the water?!
If this is the Prime 1 offering I wont get the dog as a result. I've been waiting to see warrior and big chap 1/3. It's all three or nothing for me. Hopefully this is just a lame coolprops attempt and prime 1 has their own.

This has nothing to do with Prime 1. That relationship began and ended with the Dog as both companies now have Alien licenses of their own. We can probably expect Prime 1 to make a warrior of their own. And I'm guessing it will be much better than this one.....

Fox gives the final approval for the pose.

Back