1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This head is was an exact copy of the MB production's head from their late 90's maquette release. The Prime1 heads that they currently show with their prototype are not accurate to either the rod puppet or the original ADI maquettes. They're a closer match to the full size heads.

WF2017-CoolProps-Display-005.jpg

Re: Cool Props 1/3 Alien Warrior

All collectibles companies out there are working with independant artists for their pieces, Prime1 included. And these independant artists are just in charge of the sculpt. Painting, QC and final product are not something they are responsible for you know...

One thing that you miss the biggest fail coolprops dont have any sense of art direction. Prime1 in other hand has a great art direction team with Pablo Viggiano and others. Thats reason this warrior huge fail in my book even Sideshow is better while not accurate but at least it has attitude.

Re: Cool Props 1/3 Alien Warrior

One thing that you miss the biggest fail coolprops dont have any sense of art direction. Prime1 in other hand has a great art direction team with Pablo Viggiano and others. Thats reason this warrior huge fail in my book even Sideshow is better while not accurate but at least it has attitude.

Eh, I'd prefer this Warrior to anything Sideshow's put out if only the base were smaller. It's not a terrible pose, but the fact that there are so many other cons to it doesn't help. Bit of an odd piece.

Will still probably try and nab the bonus head/bust off someone, I'm just worried not enough people will buy it for that to be possible. :lol

Not only is that pose really uninspired, but it is just too similar to the pose of the Cinemaquette.

I think my biggest issue with this is that the warrior is too upright. I've always envisioned the warriors as more hunched over.

Aliens-xeno-2.jpg
FB_IMG_1534630722255.jpg

Awww dude that first one with the tail curled around to the front would have just killed it!

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Awww dude that first one with the tail curled around to the front would have just killed it!

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Really is a perfect pose. No idea what they were thinking with this one. Can't even trust the suits to handle their own licenses right, but... we've already noticed that with the movies. :lol

Every time CoolProps posts on FB about this statue, all they do is get raked over the coals over the pose. :rotfl

They should probably take the hint and do something about it. As it stands, the Prime 1 version is likely to render this one almost irrelevant.

Back