1/3 Alien Warrior maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cool Props 1/3 Alien Warrior

Incredibly frustrating as an artist to have to be told what to do by suits.

Looks OK to me for house decoration item. Hate that giant base though. This "oh yeah, let's slap some statue on giant base like what *some company* did to those mediocre anime statues in order to sell for more $$$" trend need to go away. Are they only intended to sell their items to people who lives in 800 sqm house or something?

That base must be 1 square meter.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

That base must be 1 square meter.

One meter.

It can't be, that won't fit inside the room.

It's readin' right man, look!

Well, maybe you're not reading it right!

Two meters. Three... what the hell?

Sleepybee sculpted this so he'd know... Sorry that happened for you Stephane :slap

Why didn't they just go with another museum pose? At least this would match the first one they did and at least they wouldn't be competing so directly with P1 by virtue of that.

This is offensively boring and an agressive space hog.

That's the scene I'd choose I think. That warrior looks menacing as he rises out of the water. I wonder if Prime 1 noticed that scene also? :wink1:

Ooh, that'd be something. Question is would people be interested in half a Warrior in a diorama situation like that? Or would it be like what Sideshow does where they sculpt the surface of the water pooling around the torso, still showing what's underneath?

Why didn't they just go with another museum pose? At least this would match the first one they did and at least they wouldn't be competing so directly with P1 by virtue of that.

CP's Big Chap may be in a museum pose, but the Dog Alien isn't -- and that's still part of CP's line, technically. Weird the way they pursue this license, doesn't make much sense.

Gotta admit that I love the pose. However why the hell does the tail look like a tape worm!?

The pose is bland but acceptable to me, but that base is gargantuan. They do realize that people need to be able to display these statues, right? We've got a quarter of Hadley's Hope here, then there's the huge base on the Prime 1 dog alien, then all the XM Studios pieces, etc. This trend is ridiculous.

Well, to be fair, do we k ow what the runner looked like BEFORE it was kicked to P1? Frankly I'm thinking P1 just did all the leg work and CP just is on the record as sharing it with them. Do we know P1 didn't throw out everything they may or may not have already done?

Well, to be fair, do we k ow what the runner looked like BEFORE it was kicked to P1? Frankly I'm thinking P1 just did all the leg work and CP just is on the record as sharing it with them. Do we know P1 didn't throw out everything they may or may not have already done?

This was the Dog Alien when it was still just a CoolProps project. Looks like they based it on the original rod puppet and then passed it onto Prime 1 to polish the sculpt and manufacture the final product.

WF2017-CoolProps-Display-003.jpg

WF2017-CoolProps-Display-005.jpg

Last edited:
It was never based on the rod puppet. It's based on the original castings from the ADI molds from which the original maquettes were also made. The rod puppet was modified for filming and is not exactly the same as the maquettes. Head,mouth tendons,tail and leg length are all different on the rod puppets.

Back