1/3 Alien Big chap maquette - Coolprops

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about buying this. I think the Mamegyorai is more impressive, but it costs so much money....

Python, press the button in 3, 2, 1....
Loool

For me is not only because of money, it’s because i find it so well done! Also mamegyorai with its pose hydes a lot if detail from the face... every minute I am more convinced of the coolprops one!

Waiting for burtial and his commemts/video

Im hereee!! 2:25 am in spain!! I will watch it inmediately!! Thanks burtial!!!

WOW BURTIAL!! Phenomenal review for a phenomenal piece!!i absolutely love how does it looks!!! As you said is really well done!! Whwn you have time, could you post a photo of this statue together with the head???I’m just curius about how does they display together! Tnanks a lot!!

Great review. The piece looks awesome. 1/3 scale does seem to be the sweet spot for statues. I very happy for those of you who were able to pick this up. I sure wish I could. That's an impressive collection you have Burtial !!! Thanks for the review.

359ffb39b6003af3f355bfc0382ac65c1138b66b.jpg
d48655cb0a46f21f0e923cf3fb246b600d33aebc.jpg
cff34281800a19d80f220da53efa828ba61e463d.jpg
d67598003af33a878cfc8ebacb5c10385243b54d.jpg
b1fbfea20cf431adb144cd994636acaf2fdd984c.jpg
d4664e59252dd42a711c880b0e3b5bb5c8eab8c1.jpg
d67598003af33a878d7089bacb5c10385343b539.jpg
ea1c1b2ac65c10383b664762bf119313b17e89c6.jpg

My review is up. I LOVE this piece. It's fantastic.

Outstanding review! Thank you so much Burtial! I must say that your review has put me back on the fence with this piece. Photos, previous to your review, made it appear as though this piece was only cast in black with no paint application. It appears as though this piece does in fact have an application that gives it the look of the aged prop that is on display. I really like it! Thanks again!!
Finally, what’s it made of? I know you said it was heavy weight, which is excellent, but is the base and piece cast in polystone? Thanks again!!

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about buying this. I think the Mamegyorai is more impressive, but it costs so much money....
Where still has this in stock and where would you order from? Forgive me if I'm wrong, and I certainly could be, but your in the UK right?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Just noticed Sideshow is showing low stock on this, not sure how long its been like that. The 1:1 heads been low stock for a while now. Surprised they already sold 1000 of these.

Outstanding review! Thank you so much Burtial! I must say that your review has put me back on the fence with this piece. Photos, previous to your review, made it appear as though this piece was only cast in black with no paint application. It appears as though this piece does in fact have an application that gives it the look of the aged prop that is on display. I really like it! Thanks again!!
Finally, what’s it made of? I know you said it was heavy weight, which is excellent, but is the base and piece cast in polystone? Thanks again!!
I'm interested to know how the piece itself and the base weigh also. As much as I love my Coolprops P2 Lifesize bust I wouldn't want to pay so much for something so light. I'm certainly on the fence with this now. I owned the cinemaquette years ago and this definitely represents what I saw on screen in accuracy and feel much better. For $1500 this is tempting me and a week ago I had no intentions of owning this at all.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I'm not sure of the material or weight. I assume the base is polystone, as it's solid and heavy. The body felt way heavier than I would expect poly to weigh, but I don't know what it would be made from. Hell, it felt as heavy as brass, but it could just be poly. Just guessing since I had to lift it up and move it around, I'd say this statue in total is a good 40lbs. It's VERY heavy. To the point where I had trouble moving it around by myself.

I ended up moving it to the side of my couch as I can enjoy viewing it better from there.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys! I'm not sure of the material or weight. I assume the base is polystone, as it's solid and heavy. The body felt way heavier than I would expect poly to weigh, but I don't know what it would be made from. Hell, it felt as heavy as brass, but it could just be poly. Just guessing since I had to lift it up and move it around, I'd say this statue in total is a good 40lbs. It's VERY heavy. To the point where I had trouble moving it around by myself.

I ended up moving it to the side of my couch as I can enjoy viewing it better from there.

Are you getting the Mamegyorai piece as well?

burtial, I use a glass cleaner like Novus or CRC aerosol cans with a microfiber cloth & that takes the static charge away from the acrylic sheet/glass.

Nice review!

Another review

This unboxing is pretty bad...
Dont get me wrong, I love Raf’s work and I think he’s an awesome dude that contributes a lot to our community. But the unboxing itself is bad. Between the kid ripping everything apart from shredding at the styrofoam, carelessly removing pieces and scattering them all over the floor to Raf’s “wait, wait!” nervous shakey camera work, it’s difficult to even see how the piece is packaged and the proper care and handling that should go into the unboxing. It appears as though the head is screwed into the styrofoam somehow, I would have liked to see more of how he removed it and how it’s held in place. We ended up seeing Raf reference the screws then in the next shot the kids ripping it free and running off with it. *facepalm*
Sorry, like I said, I love Raf’s work. I just can’t stand seeing careless handling of expensive high quality pieces.

A little kid unboxing/reviewing toys made the most money on youtube this year so maybe trying something new.

Back