1/2 Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight - Joker (Adam Gu + Kato)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prime 1 said they will be doing a bust for this so if you guys don't want a 3 foot tall Joker you can wait out for the bust version.

Kira from Prime 1 over at the other forum.

IMG_9428_zpsj8mukhsm.jpg~original

Hi Kira.

Will the final 1:2 Joker lean that much? I know he's supposed to be hunching, but I think that's a bit too much and it almost seems like he's about to do a Michael Jackson impression. :) Having him stand just slightly more straight would make it a more natural pose in my opinion.

We will make some change on the pose.

figure looks great in person, paint app on the face is off but i'm gonna pass. the expression they went with makes him look more bored than anything. sculpt makes it look like even Adam is saying, "oh great, another Joker sculpt. yay."

True. It doesn' stand out much compare to other joker out already

I'm a little late to the party, but I took a ton of pics at the Sideshow booth, like I do every year. I thought you'd guys and gals would appreciate these. All photos taken with a Canon EOS 70D and edited from the RAW file.

tHqKF3X.jpg

vnfXibW.jpg

DJ6A27Y.jpg

nhcwb1q.jpg

QbcHKCO.jpg

Great pics!!!!

Sure the expression is boring, but overall this is an incredible piece.

Last edited:
there is no doubting the likeness, but like was earlier mentioned, it almost makes it seem like Adam was extremely bored doing another Joker. Close ups of the face really show how simplistic the paint app is, even for this Joker.

I'm a little late to the party, but I took a ton of pics at the Sideshow booth, like I do every year. I thought you'd guys and gals would appreciate these. All photos taken with a Canon EOS 70D and edited from the RAW file.

tHqKF3X.jpg

vnfXibW.jpg

DJ6A27Y.jpg

nhcwb1q.jpg

QbcHKCO.jpg

Wow that really does look amazing! Great pics man! :clap

Great pics!!!!

Sure the expression is boring, but overall this is an incredible piece.

:exactly:

there is no doubting the likeness, but like was earlier mentioned, it almost makes it seem like Adam was extremely bored doing another Joker. Close ups of the face really show how simplistic the paint app is, even for this Joker.

Yeah the paint apps doesn't look as realistic as the paint apps on his handmade stuff. Maybe they painted it this way because the paint job will be simple on the mass produced one. :dunno

No going to lie.. this is growing on me.. If the pose changes to not look so stiff .. I could see myself adding this to my collection.. it's very nicely made. The better pics are swaying me.. but it still needs a bit of work on the body language...:)

Hate normally stems from jealousy, if Kato and Adams were selling at hot toys prices people would be kissing their asses more than they already do. I got Katos Indy jacket worth every cent .
8b581364611a1f07f5291a833ef9041c.jpg

I own quite a few Kato sets . I will never complain about quality .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While certainly expertly tailored, the clothing could use some weathering. It's like the Joker just put it on for the first time and he's not too thrilled with how he looks.

yep, could use some white smudges on the purple coat at the least. I'm really curious if they are going to price it like the SS LSF line or if they have some sense about it.

I took a screencap of one of SS's SDCC videos. He's only seen partially in the background —literally half of it, lol—, but it looks quite imposing from a distance there.

DC_Prime1_BatmanNolan_Joker__ZSDCC15_CapturaMeva1_zpszrcg6kkz.jpg

Back