1:1 Life size Iron man 3 Mark XLII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully in about a month I will have in my possession a 1:1 Mark III statue that is absolutely going to blow this offering from SS out of the water. It's in the final stages of a custom build as we speak and I can't wait to post completed pics of it here on the forum. If anyone here has seen my 1:1 Ledger Joker they know I don't mess around when it comes to accurate life-size statues. :p

Ill be buying two! One to display now and one to flip later for 3x the cost when the value skyrockets!! :yess:

MO' MONEY MO' MONEY MO' MONEY

546128_140234542826114_1660731658_n.jpg

How much is the 1/1 of the girl? I don't really care for blonde's but.

Some people are rich, have nice big houses and a sports car.
This is for them. You can stop being shocked by the price. lol

It's for them. Not the guy who struggles with the prices of PF's and collecting Hot Toys.

Yes, that includes me. Marvel at it and be jealous, when it's some rich movie aficionados home. :lecture

Whatever it's made of, the light up features, the life size of it and the automotive paint job, might account for the high cost.

You absolutely right. Its all about perspective, there are plenty of people in this world that could collect 1:1's like hot toys and not blink an eye at the price.

This statue and price for it suck so bad....it makes me not even wanting to see the new Iron Man. Sideshows gone waaay overboard milking this character, especially when there's so many more out there they could do.

Why would Sideshow selling this statue make you not want to see the new Iron Man movie? That makes ZERO sense. :ohbfrank:

Here's the way I see it. This piece could sell for 8k+ and people would buy it.... IF it had the quality to match. Personally, if this had the attention to detail that I was expecting....I would have placed an order. I got excited when I saw the preview in the SS news letter thinking it was being made by SS and Legacy. When I learned this was just a knock off that excitement went down the tubes. I collect 1:8 model cars at this price range, so a product like this at 8k wasn't shocking to me. What was shocking was that they are asking 8k for a piece of such low quality. Even people that can afford to buy this wouldn't bother because it has cheap written on it from a mile away.

Collectors with the cash to spend on purchases like these will look for quality over price point. If the quality was similar to the one shown at SDCC they could ask 10-15k all day long and people would still buy.

This quality at this price point is just insulting to my intelligence.

Chris

Here's the way I see it. This piece could sell for 8k+ and people would buy it.... IF it had the quality to match. Personally, if this had the attention to detail that I was expecting....I would have placed an order. I got excited when I saw the preview in the SS news letter thinking it was being made by SS and Legacy. When I learned this was just a knock off that excitement went down the tubes. I collect 1:8 model cars at this price range, so a product like this at 8k wasn't shocking to me. What was shocking was that they are asking 8k for a piece of such low quality. Even people that can afford to buy this wouldn't bother because it has cheap written on it from a mile away.

Collectors with the cash to spend on purchases like these will look for quality over price point. If the quality was similar to the one shown at SDCC they could ask 10-15k all day long and people would still buy.

This quality at this price point is just insulting to my intelligence.

Chris

If this was an actuall 1:1 Production Quality Maq you are right. People would be all over this. Now select collectors to be sure, but they would buy it. I am sorry to say THIS piece looks like something that shouldn't be much more expensive or even AS expensive as the LSF Mark III.... At least that is my opinion.

Chris, you have a good point
But this is not for the most of us, it's for that pop star overseas that has everything.
Still, I would have thought for the money I would see some metal used , at least partially around the gaps on the armor

Chris, you have a good point
But this is not for the most of us, it's for that pop star overseas that has everything.
Still, I would have thought for the money I would see some metal used , at least partially around the gaps on the armor

I think even they would be disappointed when it shows up lol

The only way I could justify this purchase is if I used it as a promotional tool in some way. If I could park it out front of my office and have it some how drive more business my way and make me more money.....you got my order.

Placing an order as if it were a collectible...not so much.

Bring on the 1:2 Legacy version!

Chris

Last edited:
Why would Sideshow selling this statue make you not want to see the new Iron Man movie? That makes ZERO sense. :ohbfrank:

Like I said.......they're milking the crap out of this character and over exposing him beyond belief. When you see so much of something and have it shoved down your throat like Ironman is being done.....you tend to grow tired of it. Again.......thats me and my opinion. I know theres some people that cant get enough of him. That makes sense.

I don't let toy releases influence my enjoyment of the movies so I guess that's where we differ.

Since Sideshow is only distributing this item, not manufacturing, they are likely not the ones setting the price. So Sideshow isn't the one milking this, it's this Beast Kingdom.

As a collector of 1:1 items, I can tell you that I don't buy something just because it's 1:1, or just because it's Iron Man. I'm looking at quality, and for $9000, this should be pretty dang great. But they did not even take time to paint the mouth gap at the bottom of the faceplate.

Back