Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT did a Baby Groot 1:1 that was about half this size. That was $140, even if you double that for the size you?re looking at $280 for an articulated figure with accessories. I have a feeling HT will do it but it?ll be interesting to see the price point and what it comes with, I?m betting it?s cheaper with more. Let?s see if I?m right.

Must be a statue collector thing. At least with sidehsows REAL statues they come with some kind of alternate display option(s) This seems like a lazy attempt to me. Especially since they didn't do the important work.

This costs less than most of the Statues and Premium Formats that Sideshow has up right now and the detail level is way higher.

Exactly. If this was made by Prime 1 or Queen Studios it would cost close to $1000 probably, and I'd expect a life size HT version to not cost less than $500 or so, especially if they're adding an articulated body.

$350 for something that looks like it could almost pass for the actual prop seems like a fantastic deal in comparison. And this is the character's standard, default pose and expression on the show anyway, so the lack of articulation doesn't bother me all that much.

Went ahead and ordered at Timewalker, since it comes out to $350 shipped with them and I didn't want to miss out on that.

LOL@ all the people talking about the price of this statue. You are surprised Sideshow is charging $350 for this? When was the last time you saw any statue they have done for $200 or less? If they were charging $200 for this, Sideshows site would have been not only crashed but probably blown up with flames and guts everywhere. You wouldn't have been able to even log on to order for days because the servers would have been overwhelmed. $200 would have been way too cheap for this statue and character, Sideshow knows that and deep down you know that as well. I didn't review the Mando 1/6th scale thread but they are charging $250 for that. Are people completely fine for with that price or were people crying it should be $125? I may be wrong but it seems to me that Hot Toys is way too busy making the next Iron Man mark armor suit than to focus on making a Lifesize Yoda. This is going to be an insanely in-demand item once the rest of the public starts realizing it exists. Right now, probably less than 1% of the pop knows this is even out yet.

LOL never fine with paying more than 10$ on ANYTHING but , yeah, IMO the Mando 1/6 (as well as IG and Heavy Gunner) all look quality e.g. all that armor had to be molded and output. HT excels at to-scale tailoring. Articulation. Accessories.

Still on the fence tho supposedly this has feet. The robe looks very good. Guess the question for me is - do I need a full size Baby Yoda statue that has no switch-outs and looks kinda serious/sad. Dunno yet. Still thinking. Not sure of demand - sure it will be high - but again, non-collectors wanna hold the thing. Give to their kids etc. This one is gonna have to go on a shelf and for me, go under glass to protect.

They could've included his soup bowl and a more interesting base, at least. And the Mythosaur necklace. Think I am missing the pose-ability, which u don't get with a statue.

Yeah, I wanna know what's under the robe for that kind of money. It's not that the costume isn't very nice. But I wanna know what I am paying for besides hands, head, and robe.

I mean the 11 inch Disney version has a bean bag body and is about 25$. It's not as nice of course. But people are gonna wanna pick up Baby Yoda. Where are the feet on Sideshow's version?

I ordered the Disney version. I don't have any other Star Wars pieces in my collection but I still wanted a representation of him. I know it won't be as collectible as this (which may also be untrue if they end up making 5,000 of this) but for $25, it is MUCH less expensive and will look cute standing in a corner or on my chair.

I also think this one looks a little sad and not as playful as he is on the show.

Tempted to get this.

But Hot Toys will make a superior version 2-years down the line with swappable head sculpts.

I ordered the Disney version. I don't have any other Star Wars pieces in my collection but I still wanted a representation of him. I know it won't be as collectible as this (which may also be untrue if they end up making 5,000 of this) but for $25, it is MUCH less expensive and will look cute standing in a corner or on my chair.

I also think this one looks a little sad and not as playful as he is on the show.

After staring at the Sideshow and then looking at the Disney version (which I already have on PO) that's pretty much how I feel. Certainly understand people wanting this Sideshow piece.

But I also only started getting SW pieces with the Mandalorian. Agree too - and sculpting is hard work - but for that kind of money, for me, he just looks a bit old, and sad. It's like for me the Disney piece captures the "essence" more, even if it's of course not as nice and far cheaper.

Actually so far the representation I like best is Hasbro's 1.1 inch version:cool: (also PO'd). Imagine because Hasbro is using some sort of digital capture for portraits, and IMO it's pretty good at that scale.:clap

Besides, not only HT - dunno if Iron Studios has a Mando license, and IMO their stuff is outstanding. Think the SS piece is the first volley in a flood of products. It's the calm before the storm.:horror

They've done life size little groot. I don't see why they wouldn't do the foundling also.

$350 for this being non-articulated is ridiculous to me. I'd pay that for one that is at least partially posable. For the statue $200 would be a stretch, regardless of who sculpted it.

You realize statues cost way more than figures right? $350 for this is pretty reasonable, especially considering how great it looks. I'm guessing the price is low because Sideshow expects to sell a lot of them. The question is whether or not it holds up in production.

I do, but I'm not much of a statue collector. I have a few but only of characters I love... I do see your points but that isn't the kind of thing I prefer to spend my money on as I like options for variation. Even most of sideshow regular statues have some kind of alternate display option... And even though I'm sure this will sell well, I'm also sure there will be a lot of people jumping ship for a hot toys version if they make one.

Admittedly, my eyes lit up when I saw this in my newsfeed this morning. I was a bit shocked at the price and the fact that it is a statue, but it is just too cute to pass up...it was just a matter of getting permission from my wife. I showed her the prototype photos and she immediately said YES. I didn't show her the price. :)

Now, it's just a matter of where to put it. I can see this as a replacement garden gnome or a super-large elf on a shelf. j/k

Admittedly, my eyes lit up when I saw this in my newsfeed this morning. I was a bit shocked at the price and the fact that it is a statue, but it is just too cute to pass up...it was just a matter of getting permission from my wife. I showed her the prototype photos and she immediately said YES. I didn't show her the price. :)

Now, it's just a matter of where to put it. I can see this as a replacement garden gnome or a super-large elf on a shelf. j/k

I've told my girlfriend that I'm just gonna place him in random spots at random intervals just waiting for her, watching.

I don't think the price is bad but I'd definitely like options, not loving the super sad portrait. I'd like to be able to at least remove the knob from his hand!

I feel like we're only at the beginning of the deluge for The Child, so I'm not jumping on anything immediately. I can't see anyway that Hot Toys won't jump on it too and then it'd be a figure and not a statue. The character is like only 20% visible, so no real need for it to be a statue if you're going to include soft goods anyway.

Preordered!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hope this is one of those home run pieces, that Sideshow has put out.

Let's ALSO hope this isn't one of those swing & a miss pieces, that Sideshow has put out.

Honestly I don't think it would be that hard to convert this into something more posable, since the body is hidden under the bulky robes anyway. Just create a rudimentary armature with some thick wire and attach the head and hands to it. Or maybe there's an existing doll body out there that could be used, since it's about that same size.

Granted I?m not a statue collector so I don?t know if it?s the norm, but after paying $350 for this I wouldn?t want to really mess with it and risk breaking it. So far it?s the first release high-end like this and I?ms sure it?s just the beginning. It?ll be interesting to see what the rest comes in at.

From reading the last few pages, it seems there are a lot of 1/6 figure collectors here, and they’re seeing a bit of sticker shock.

For most of us here $350 for a statue is reasonable. Heck if anything it’s much lower than expected.

I purchased Sideshow’s Legendary 1/2 scale Yoda and that was also exceptional well priced (yes seriously) I believe for a low $700, but that was also open edition, just like this one, and outside of the base (which was quite sizeable) it’s the same size as this!

But if Hot Toys do make their own version I‘ll probably buy theirs as well, just as I did with Baby Groot when I bought an additional two on top of Sideshows piece. One so I could display with and without his Ravenger outfit. As you can never have too many of these little guys.

From reading the last few pages, it seems there are a lot of 1/6 figure collectors here, and they’re seeing a bit of sticker shock.

For most of us here $350 for a statue is reasonable. Heck if anything it’s much lower than expected.

I purchased Sideshow’s Legendary 1/2 scale Yoda and that was also exceptional well priced (yes seriously) I believe for a low $700, but that was also open edition, just like this one, and outside of the base (which was quite sizeable) it’s the same size as this!

But if Hot Toys do make their own version I‘ll probably buy theirs as well, just as I did with Baby Groot when I bought an additional two on top of Sideshows piece. One so I could display with and without his Ravenger outfit. As you can never have too many of these little guys.

But that's what gives me pause. Is this a full body piece or some sort of armature? frame? with hands, head, robes.

Back