Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are going to be tons of people ordering this who generally have no interest in this type of stuff.

Me too! I wouldn't have been as quick to order if silicon or rubber was listed.

Side note: Does this Baby Yoda have feet?

Silicon doesn’t really bother me. If it did, I would’ve never preordered a Queen Studio’s piece.

But whatever this ends up being made of, I just hope it looks ‘similar’ to the prototype. But then again we’re not exactly spending a fortune of these pieces, so you never know.

I’m actually surprised how low this is priced. I was honestly expecting it to be over $1,000 based on other life size items. I think this is going to sell extremely well!

I have faith it?ll come out looking good. If not I?ll have only lost $35, then I?ll wait for the hopefully inevitable Hot Toys version that will have probably 2 sculpts, or at least more accessories and articulated.

I've always waited until I see some finished production figures before placing orders but because this has the potential of being a hot piece I placed my first ever pre-order.

Here's to hoping it's great! In the event that early production photos aren't up to par and I cancel, could the deposit be applied to something else or is it a total loss?

I?m actually surprised how low this is priced. I was honestly expecting it to be over $1,000 based on other life size items. I think this is going to sell extremely well!

Same here. Makes me wonder if it's priced incorrectly in which they raise the price in the next coming hours.

How is this only $350!? Seems awfully cheap for a high-end 1:1 prop like this. Anyways, I totally want one, but I have no idea where I would display it. I have no more room.:(

Wow, thought for sure this was a HT figure when it popped up. Quality seems way too good for Sideshow, and especially for that price.

Was a bit bummed at first to learn it was a statue, but to be honest it's not something I'd probably want to pose the hell out of anyway.

At first I thought it was a poseable figure, but it just appears to be a statue which is a bummer.

I preordered this locally over at Popcultcha, but it’s a bit pricier than usual. Conversion is below /0.60 and this has got to be the first time I’ve both seen a piece go up so fast for preorder and for them to not offer the usual early 10% preorder discount. But I guess they know what they’re doing, as the demand for this will be pretty high.

I preordered this locally over at Popcultcha, but it’s a bit pricier than usual. Conversion is below /0.60 and this has got to be the first time I’ve both seen a piece go up so fast for preorder and for them to not offer the usual early 10% preorder discount. But I guess they know what they’re doing, as the demand for this will be pretty high.

Noticed that but I haven't pulled the trigger myself. May use pennies on it as it still seems decent value considering what things cost these days.

Aw, it's adorable. Wonder if Sideshow can pull it off cause that's about 99% there for me. 599 AUD is a tough ask but.

Noticed that but I haven't pulled the trigger myself. May use pennies on it as it still seems decent value considering what things cost these days.

Aw, it's adorable. Wonder if Sideshow can pull it off cause that's about 99% there for me. 599 AUD is a tough ask but.

I preordered it for $540 AUD after member discount, but it‘s still a bit of a savings over importing it. As importing it would cost anywhere from $650 to $700 AUD.

(Though if Popcultcha had their usual preorder discount, it should’ve gone for $486 AUD).

So it's labeled as figure, but i guess there is no articulation ... so statue then?

This will look amazing as it’s done by Legacy Effects. I think their first time doing SW. I’m stoked and hope they do more. As a life size the price is right!

I?m actually surprised how low this is priced. I was honestly expecting it to be over $1,000 based on other life size items. I think this is going to sell extremely well!

I would've guessed somewhere north of $500 so this is a pleasant surprise. I've got Sideshow's life size Yoda which I really like, so have hopes they can pull this off in the mixed media format.

Back