Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But that's what gives me pause. Is this a full body piece or some sort of armature? frame? with hands, head, robes.

I can’t imagine it’ll be anything but a full body, but whether that body is painted other than a flat colour is anyone’s guess.

I'm guessing there's a basic body shape underneath so as to keep the right shape, and the whole thing is just really light, hollow plastic.

Yeha, thats what I am figuring. He looks cool but I'm not sure I like him enough for $350 right now at least.

I have the disney/Mattel version pre order as its ?30 I really want this but the fact it's a statue is kinda off putting as the base won't fit on my shelves. :/
Any had experience are the bases removable?

From FB. Looks pretty great...

baby2.jpg

I have the disney/Mattel version pre order as its ?30 I really want this but the fact it's a statue is kinda off putting as the base won't fit on my shelves. :/

For shipping purposes and based on the many Premium Formats I've gotten from them, the base is almost certainly a separate piece...

For shipping purposes and based on the many Premium Formats I've gotten from them, the base is almost certainly a separate piece...

However there’s likely to be a peg or key on its feet that may prevent it from standing on its own.

I still know nothing about this character yet but this looks amazing. And I am tempted by anything life-size under 3ft at an affordable price such as this.

I'm thinking Sideshow announced this because the Hot Toys figure is gonna be going up any day now.

Are you planning to display him naked?

:cool::bunnydanc

Prefer not to find out my pricey baby is a padded stick with head, hands, robe, is all. If u read another forum (https://www.statueforum.com/) where I lurk around sometimes, Sideshow at least in the past has been uneven and/or *surprising* production paint jobs. To be fair most seem pretty happy with Thanos - haven't looked at comments much lately.:dunno

Tho admit HT, Iron Studios etc. all seem to have tripped in the past.

Some sort of basic underlying body IMO is fine. Am still on fence anyway - if production can match robe and use the kind of translucent resin the proto seems to be using, it'd be stellar in the collection.

I'm thinking Sideshow announced this because the Hot Toys figure is gonna be going up any day now.

HT has been so quiet figure they're up to something. Another reason I wanna wait. It's tough tho thinking about having a life size representation. :panic:

Babythoughts.jpg

Edit:
I think many people don?t realize that the company that made baby Yoda for the show are listed as the sculptors and making molds. You won?t get this accurate of a sculpt even from hot toys.

F&^%.....might as well cave:gah::lol

The quality of the proto looks like a elite creatures collectible quality and those go for 1,000$ plus. I seriously doubt production will look like this for 350$. Glass eyes? Translucent skin? Amazing paint job? Sounds too good to be true but I?ll be glad if I?m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone keeps saying this but I have many doubts. This is significantly larger than a figure like baby groot. Also if hot toys did something like changeable faces, there would be a horrible seam on the head sculpt to pull it off.

I think many people don’t realize that the company that made baby Yoda for the show are listed as the sculptors and making molds. You won’t get this accurate of a sculpt even from hot toys.

I can totally see Hot Toys milking it in 1/6 scale though for sure.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered it once the site was up and running last night. It looks great and I like the accessory it comes with. To me, it's not that bad of a price as a statue and diecast hot toys owner. Hot toys will do a 1/6 version soon and I'll buy it, but not sure if they will do a life size one (it wouldn't surprise me at all if they do) and I would most likely get that as well. The Mandalorian merch just gets all my money.

Everything is about "license". If Sideshow got 1 : 1 license (for the whole show or just season 1), then Hot Toy cannot make life-size "The Child". Am I right ?
Hot Toy already got 1/6 scale license, so may be, Sideshow got 1/4 and life-size license ?

Everything is about "license". If Sideshow got 1 : 1 license (for the whole show or just season 1), then Hot Toy cannot make life-size "The Child". Am I right ?
Hot Toy already got 1/6 scale license, so may be, Sideshow got 1/4 and life-size license ?

Licences can be different depending on licensor.

And note there is a difference between a statue and a figure. Keep in mind the Baby Groot which both Sideshow and Hot Toys did a 1:1 scale piece, one being a statue and the other being a poseable figure.

Heck I’ve seen others get around it by calling their statue a phone charger!! Or even those Marvel Funko Pops! Which have to be bobble heads to get around a license restriction.

The quality of the proto looks like a elite creatures collectible quality and those go for 1,000$ plus. I seriously doubt production will look like this for 350$. Glass eyes? Translucent skin? Amazing paint job? Sounds too good to be true but I?ll be glad if I?m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This! If the production looks as good as this, and I'm praying it does, this will be one of the best cost/quality ratios of a collectible I can recall. This prototype is jaw dropping.

Back