Statue 1/1 Life-Size Figure - The Child - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Production piece:

tiny-master.jpg

uhhh why is this price so good?

Are we used to everything being so overpriced that this price is shocking?

Agreed, I too am shook by the price on this one. It looks like some pretty good detail and great size. And it's also releasing in August? It's crazy town!

Because maybe there's nothing much under the robe? So there's sculpted hands, head, cloth robe, and a support rod:dunno? None of the pics show any kind of feet.

To me he looks a bit old and sad. Will probably PO but thinking about it. Costume looks very good.

$350 for something that is 16 inches feels steep. I?m shocked that so many people are talking about the price being so low. I?m going to sit out and wait for HT. Without a doubt they?ll do one and I have a feeling it?ll be cheaper than this and probably have an accessory or two.

One thing I?ve noticed is that in the shots that are being produced for PO, they don?t show the ?feet area?, meaning that I wonder if this thing is fixed to the stand and they?re trying to give the illusion that it?s something you can remove and pose on it?s own?

$350 for something that is 16 inches feels steep. I?m shocked that so many people are talking about the price being so low. I?m going to sit out and wait for HT. Without a doubt they?ll do one and I have a feeling it?ll be cheaper than this and probably have an accessory or two.

One thing I?ve noticed is that in the shots that are being produced for PO, they don?t show the ?feet area?, meaning that I wonder if this thing is fixed to the stand and they?re trying to give the illusion that it?s something you can remove and pose on it?s own?

Yeah, I wanna know what's under the robe for that kind of money. It's not that the costume isn't very nice. But I wanna know what I am paying for besides hands, head, and robe.

I mean the 11 inch Disney version has a bean bag body and is about 25$. It's not as nice of course. But people are gonna wanna pick up Baby Yoda. Where are the feet on Sideshow's version?

Item description:

Every inch of this incredibly lifelike figure has been meticulously detailed to recreate everything that Star Wars fans love about the young alien, from the fuzz on its wrinkled head to its irresistible pout, all the way down to its tiny, toddling feet.

Feet are mentioned guess you just can?t see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that this is actually not cheap but overpriced for what it is.
In regards to HT doing this character.... have they done 1:1 before? Not that they're incapable, but there might be licensing issues.

I normally do NOT like figures because of the visible joint lines necessary to make a poseable figure. In my opinion, it's an eyesore for an item whose sole-purpose is to be displayed on a shelf. Yes, I'm aware of the silicon/rubber skin they're using on some figures (i.e. Hulk) but word is still out on the longevity of that method. That said, visible joint lines on this character are a non-issue with that robe Baby Yoda is wearing.

If HT can get this done in 1:1 I'm in on that one too. For now, I'm going to hold off on preording this piece from Legacy.

They've done life size little groot. I don't see why they wouldn't do the foundling also.

$350 for this being non-articulated is ridiculous to me. I'd pay that for one that is at least partially posable. For the statue $200 would be a stretch, regardless of who sculpted it.

They've done life size little groot. I don't see why they wouldn't do the foundling also.

$350 for this being in-articulated is ridiculous to me. I'd pay that for one that is at least partially posable.

Thank you. :duff

Exactly. I would guess that >70% of this piece is covered in fabric.

Had to drop a PO on this, usually only buy 1/6 but impossible to pass up. Thought HT would get to this first, will cancel and buy HT version if they announce instead and if they don't announce until after this releases then I guess I'll have 2 kids.

LOL@ all the people talking about the price of this statue. You are surprised Sideshow is charging $350 for this? When was the last time you saw any statue they have done for $200 or less? If they were charging $200 for this, Sideshows site would have been not only crashed but probably blown up with flames and guts everywhere. You wouldn't have been able to even log on to order for days because the servers would have been overwhelmed. $200 would have been way too cheap for this statue and character, Sideshow knows that and deep down you know that as well. I didn't review the Mando 1/6th scale thread but they are charging $250 for that. Are people completely fine for with that price or were people crying it should be $125? I may be wrong but it seems to me that Hot Toys is way too busy making the next Iron Man mark armor suit than to focus on making a Lifesize Yoda. This is going to be an insanely in-demand item once the rest of the public starts realizing it exists. Right now, probably less than 1% of the pop knows this is even out yet.

Back