【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 【Avengers: Infinity War -1/6th scale Doctor Strange Collectible Figure】

Justin's review confirmed my exact thought and fear. The cape is barely and weakly wired, if at all. As compared to the first one's strong wire to get it to fray out like its in motion, this just flops right back down if you pull it out at the bottom. First noticed in the toysTV vid. Such a damn shame. That was a key component in the last fig. Gah. Cmon hot toys

View attachment 438889

I wonder if HT was making this HS for a Ragnarok version and then decided to use it for this instead. This HS matches how he looks in that much better than how he looks in IW.

Yeah, you might be onto something there...although if that was the case, why not give us yellow glove accessories too?

Yeah, you might be onto something there...although if that was the case, why not give us yellow glove accessories too?
Because it would demand a whole new outfit. Strange has different garb in Ragnarok, it's the same as the one he wears at the end of his solo movie.

Curious why the filmmakers went back to the original one for IW.

I wonder if Hot Toys and other licensees have a say in those choices.

Never saw a single piece of merch with that secondary costume, so maybe Disney has a hold on that for whatever reason preventing it. If Funko didn't milk it and make a Pop of that outfit, there's gotta be more to it.

Looking at photos, the new sculpt does not look so bad...

44381647-28FC-49BA-94A8-5F8BF5C78C6B.jpeg

Might try to pick up a 2nd hand v1 for a semi-reasonable price and then combine my favourite parts from both...

Head sculpt, cloak & book from DS + body, stand & accessories from IW.

They definitely don't. Think about it: can you imagine Kevin Feige and Joe and Anthony Russo taking a toy company's suggestions when it comes to how they want their characters to look? This isn't a Joel Schumacher Batman movie. The only thing Marvel does for the toy companies is make sure that the costumes change between movies so that multiple versions of characters can be released.

Probably not any toy company, but definitely Disney. Most of Disney’s profits are from merchandise and they have “how to get people to buy the most things” down to a science. If every character in infinity war had a redesign, there would be way too much merchandise and consumers would feel overwhelmed. So while Feige and the Russo’s had final say on *who* got redesigned, they were probably given a number by Disney on how many.

It's the new version's eyebrows/eyes throw it off some. The beard as well, id don't know why the beard doesn't look the same as version 1. While i am def getting this version i do like the old hs better. The hair on the forehead looks nicer.

View attachment 438897

Wow, that comparison pic shows how vastly different the two head sculpts are...

I can say for sure that V1 has the better facial likeness.
Hearing about the cape wiring is really disappointing.

To my eye, the likenesses are equally good, with the V1 conveying more of a neophyte Dr. Strange and the V2 conveying more of the established sorcerer supreme.

To my eye, the likenesses are equally good, with the V1 conveying more of a neophyte Dr. Strange and the V2 conveying more of the established sorcerer supreme.

Completely agree! The v2 shows a more confident DS

While I can agree with your point, the shape of his head in general did not change like the IW sculpt has.
His eyes definitely seem further apart than the DS version. Also, that defined 3 'V' shaped gray patches in the hair
on the IW one bothers me... They did not do a good job blending the gray into the rest of his hair.

I wish the backdrop with the arms was a rolled poster or something. It's the same thick cardboard as always and those bends will never go away, it will always look kind of lame.

While I can agree with your point, the shape of his head in general did not change like the IW sculpt has.
His eyes definitely seem further apart than the DS version. Also, that defined 3 'V' shaped gray patches in the hair
on the IW one bothers me... They did not do a good job blending the gray into the rest of his hair.

Yeah the gray is definitely way too pronounced on the new head. Think I might have to tone that down a bit on mine.

View attachment 438897

I couldn't actually remember which is which and my honest opinion is the left one is a bit better than the right, though both are excellent. A good test without bias!

I then looked into which is which and a tiny bit disappointed that the Infinity War version (the one I'm getting) is a slight downgrade to the one I don't have. That said, it's still an incredibly good sculpt and figure all around so I'm happy! :yess:

I think the sculpt on this figure is straight up bad. I think the original sculpts likeness is far superior and I don't think that one is perfect either (I wish it had a better paint up and better hair). The paint app is obviously better on the new one but the whole facial structure is wrong. The nose, the jaw, the eyes and the eyebrows.

I wish hot toys did better because I really want to justify a purchase for him.

I'm really surprised they re-did the sculpt anyway; they could've pulled a Deadpool 2 and everyone would've been happy. In that 3/4 view the new sculpt looks like an oddly shaped human head. I hadn't seen that 3/4 view before and the old one looks much, much better at that angle. Cumberbatch looks 20 pounds heavier in the new one.

Back